♧Two♧

Simon
I woke up an three hours after my interaction with Baz, once in a blue moon we talk and don't shout. The moon must have been aqua last night since I told him about the elven ambassador, he would have found out today anyway.
I got ready and enjoyed the silence that a sleeping roommate brought, Baz must have went back to bed at some point, probably after finishing his cigarette, how he smokes them I'll never know, he may be a vampire but nicotine is no joke.
I make sure I look precentable and run over the modern elvish era. They're living on mostly deserted islands in Scotland, other branches are around the world but all report back to the high elves of the Scottish high lands. All the Mage told me was the elf I was meeting was very important and I had to look my best.
I head to his office and take some deep breathes I'm never this nervous in meetings, but for some reason I felt this elf would change alot of things.
I knocked on the door and wait for permition to enter, when I hear the go ahead i walked in.
"Good morning,sir."
"Good morning Simon, I would like you to meet Rina Abernat,"
A young woman stood to his left, her posture perfect with her hands clasped at her front, with a blank facial expression.
"She has just been named the newest elven Oracle, it is a tradition that every Oracle attend one year at Watford to connect with the mortals it strengthens their ability." The mage said, the girl did not react.
"Simon," He continued, "You and your friends will be helping Ms. Abernat with her studies, she will be staying with Agatha Wellbelove, due to the spare bed." I nodded and smiled.
"That's no problem sir, I'm happy to help."
The mage smiled and nodded, "I knew you would. If you don't mind bringing Ms. Abernat to her room please, I have to finish up some paper work."
Rina walked over and waited for me to open the door for her.
As we walked down to Agatha's room I attempted polite conforsation.
"So what island are you from?"
"I'm from Glasgow."
"Oh I thought-"
"No we don't all live in solitude, it's a common misconception."
I nodded my head, "Is it like that everywhere?"
"Mostly yes, the high elves are really the only ones who still separate themselves from the world. It's good for training."
We turned the corner and Rina collided into Baz himself.
"My apologies, I didn't see you." She said.
"You must be the elf Simon was meeting today, here to steal ideas? Don't worry there isn't must here."
"Baz, shut up." I scoffed.
"It's fine, his family wouldn't see a good idea if it hit them in the face."
I laughed and Baz's face dropped.
"At least I'm not afraid of modern civilisation."
"Really? Because by the way you smell it seems you haven't used a simple invention called deodorant."
I was in awe at how this small elven girl who had hardly spoken could come up with such comebacks, they may be 3rd grade entery level but no one was that brave to say that to Baz.
"Well, that's insulting. I admire your sharptounge. I'm Basilton Grimm-Pitch."
"Ok." Rina said walking on without shaking his hand.
"Bye Baz." I said lifting Rinas stuff again.
I walked after her finally catching up to her.
"I guess you saw that he was bad news, because he is."
"Not particularly, I saw he wanted something answered and I didn't want him asking me."
"Really why?"
"Unless it's a small question about the future, like will I pass my exam or does my boyfriend really love me, anything bigger than that and the next big prophesy could happen."
"So you push the people who ask questions away?" She nodded, "He'll survive."
We arrived at Agatha's room and I knocked at the door.
"I'm going to head on now, Agatha's nice but we haven't been doing too well so-" the door opened.
"Hi agatha!" I said," you have a new room mate!" I paniced and did jazz hands, Rina observed and slowly copied, "Is this a creating with mages?"
"No I'm just panicing," I whispered.
"Hi, I'm agatha Wellbelove, Simon you haven't texted me back in three days and you've been ignoring me. Why?"
"You know, schools been busy, Penny stole my charger so my phone's been dead. I'm just coming back from summer so im not really used to-"
"Oh my god shut up! Here I'll help You with your bags sweety. Simon help me."
I screamed on the inside But put on a happy face on the outside.
Rina settled on the spare bed and looked around. I explained who Rina was to Agatha and she smiled and nodded.
"That's wonderful! Can you tell us a our future?"
"As a couple, from the corridor if Simon doesn't get his act together, there may not be one."
"I mean like if he does, which he will."
"Sure, both of you give me your hands."
I reluctantly gave her my hands as Agatha smiled sweetly.
She closed her eyes and a moment later pulled away fast.
"What? What did you see?" Agatha probed, I could see her worries on her face, I worried too.
"No, don't worry, you're both fine I just-" she scrunched her eyebrows.
"I was expecting something and didn't see it. Agatha you'll find happiness not where you expect but where you need. Simon," she looked me in the eye, "Don't close yourself off to new things."