Checkmate.

I look at the grey sky filled with clouds even darker trough the window. I'm with my family and everyone is going to bed. I lay down in my godson's room slowly falling asleep as I look at him. A sound woke me up along with my godmother. I saw my godson fully awake and I kiss his forehead before getting out of the room. I open the front door, stepping outside. In the street, I see a weird group of human-sized chess pieces. They look like they're wearing armors and they walk fast to try to kill me.

I fight back, literally decapitating them. But they are empty inside as they fall on the ground. Then a gunshot, one of them shoot me but I don't feel any pain. These are probably blank cartridges. Some have managed to enter the house but the time I kill all those outside and reach the door, some chess pieces came out. They look like geisha. I receive a text from my godmother saying they are inside. But once I'm in the house, it's dark and everything is upside down. No one is inside.

I stepped outside again, feeling devastated. I run to the geisha and beg them to kill me. They laugh and offer me a little chess piece, in the shape of a duck before they disappear. I go back inside, checking every room. As I enter my godson's room, it's even darker and I can barely see inside. I check every cellphone but they all have two percent of battery. Suddenly, I hear my godmother voice and another woman coming from a room next door. They laugh. In a creepy way. They talk and laugh but I can't understand what they're saying. The room is like one of those dollhouses and I can't enter. I'm getting angry and kick everything around me, breaking furniture.

I feel like their voices are coming from the attic but also from inside the wall. I'm getting crazy. A sound came from downstairs. I lean over the rail of the stairs and see an electric car that drives alone. I jump over the rail and land down. I enter the living room while the TV is on, passing a documentary on demons and possessions. The men on the screen say that once you realize there's a demon, you're usually the next one to die. Then they show a video of a man who is followed by goatee-shaped lights. The rest is blurry. I can see a few images of demoniac possessions, death and people talking but I can't hear them.

I take my shoes and put them even if they are really dirty. On the ground, I can see a spine in the middle of trash, blood, and dust. I look out the window that shows the sunrise. I'm immediately thinking of getting out.

And I woke up.