Chapter 6

Later that same day
   Ricky

"Wassup Mike." I say over the phone. "Where you at." "Your house. Ok, I'll be over there." I said hanging up.

    "Momma, I'm about to go hang with Mike." I yelled to her upstairs.

    "Ok baby." she responded.

When I get to Mike's house his uncle and his dad are outside smoking a cigarette.

    "Wassup Mr. Louis." I said to Mike's dad.

"Nothing much,, Mike's in the living room." He responded.

     When I walked into the living room, Mike and Charity are all hugged up, and his brothers are playing 2k14.

    "Wassup Mike." I said flopping on an open sofa.

   "Nothing." he said.

"Where yo Momma at." I asked

   "In the kitchen." he answered.

"Hey Mrs. Louis." I said yelling into the kitchen.

   "Mike yo Momma is to fine boy." I said. "Especially with that big booty."

   "Ight now boy." he said. "Don't make me tell Jamie." "You must ain't heard yet Bae." Charity said. "He did my home girl wrong." "What you did bruh?" Mike asked. I told him the whole story.

   "Dang bruh." he said shaking his head.

"Yeap, but anyway. Y'all young boys don't wanna see me in 2k." I said to Mike's little brothers. "Well get the stick then." Shawn, the oldest one said.

    I won of course. "I told you boy." I said boasting. "Me and yo uncle going for a walk." Mr. Louis said to Mike. "Ok." Mike said.

     1o minutes later.

"Who's that pulling up?" Charity asked. "Looks like Troy's car." Mike said. "Aww shit." Charity said. He probably found out about what happened I thought.

   We all walked outside. Troyed rushed up the porch without saying anything and pinned me to the door. Mike grabbed him and held him back. "What's wrong with you nigga?!" Troy said trying to get free. "You keep hurting my sister, so now Ima hurt you." he said.

  "Nawl Mike, let him go." I said taking off my shirt. "We gone settle this right now." I said walking off the porch. Mike let's Troy go.

   We both squared up. He swung and hit me on the jaw. He swung again, I ducked and hit him dead on the chin. Then he swung again. I ducked and slammed him. I kept hitting him again and again.

           Finally Mike pulled me off of him. "This ain't over." he said limping to his car.

       "World Star." Shawn said holding his phone up. "Delete that shit right now." I said walking up the porch. "Ok, ok." he said.

     I walk into the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. I only had one bruise on my jaw. "Are you ok?" Mike asked standing in the door.

   "Yea, I'm straight bruh." I said.

"Nigga you need to get a scholarship for boxing with them hands." Mike said making me laugh.

      "But I'm about to head home." I said putting my shirt on.

     "Ok, want me to give you a ride?' Mike asked. "That'll be cool." I said.

     15 minutes later

"Thanks for the ride Mike." I said getting out the car.

   "No problem bruh. But just hit me up if you need anything." Mike said dapping me up. "Ok." I said.

   As Mike pulled off, my mom walked out the house. "Where you going ?" I asked.

"The revival at church is today and I'm already late." she said pushing me out the way. "Bring me a plate back." I said. "Ok baby." she said getting in the car.

     I waved until she went around the corner. I walked towards the house.

Then I hear a car coming down the street.

It was Troy.

   I sprinted to the house. As soon as I hit the first step, BANG BANG.