Chapter 3

Ricky

The next week @ school

   "Ricky Jones, please come to the office." I hear over the intercom. "Ooooo, what you done did now."Mike teased.

       When I walk into the office I see Mrs. Gardener, the principal, coach Davis, and a man in a suit. "Ricky." Mrs. Gardener said " We have someone that wants to speak with you." "Hello Ricky." The man said. "My name is Elliot Price, the scout from Duke." "Its a pleasure to meet you." I said. "The pleasures all mine." he replies. "I was at your game last week, and what a performance I must say." "Thank you sir." I say with a smile. "I talked with coach at Duke, and we would like you to visit the campus for a tour, we'll pay for the trip. Eventhough you're a junior, we see a lot of potential." "Thank You sir I'll be there." I said with a huge smile.

       On the way to the bus I see Jamie. "Hey Bae, guess what." I said trying to catch up with her. "What do you want." she says with an attitude. "What's wrong with you ?" I ask. "What's wrong with me, what's wrong with me is you!" she said madly. "What did I do?" I asked. "I saw you talking to that hoe at the game, and I saw her give you her number. Ricky I'm done with you, I'm tired of you cheating." She screams as she storms off. In my mind I knew I had messed up, and I knew Troy would be looking for me.

      "Momma!" I said walking into the house. "In the living room." She responds. "Momma guess what. The scout from Duke came to visit me at school . He said they want me to take a tour of the campus." "That's great baby." she said. "Let's celebrate, I'll make you favorite dinner. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, biscuits, with peach cobbler for dessert.

         After dinner I headed to the park to play basketball. When I got there I see Mike and Troy talking. As I say wassup Troy comes and punches me. I fell to the ground. "Nigga you must be crazy. You gone cheat on my lil sister when you know she loves you, then come here and try to be my friend." Troy said. "Calm down Troy." Mike said holding him back. "Its not even like that bruh." I said standing up. "I only got her number, and I haven't even talked to her since." Troy pushes Mike out of the way and rushes at me. I side stepped, and hit him right in the jaw. We got into a scuffle until Mike broke it up.

    "You was supposed to be my homie, but you go and cheat on my sister with some hoe you just met." Troy said. "Whatever bruh, believe what you want." I said storming off.

   The next day at school

When I walk into the class I see Jamie making out with John. I walk towards them. "Take your seats class." the teacher said. As I sat down i noticed Jamie rubbing on his leg, but looking at me at the same time. She think she slick trying to make me mad, but it sure is working.

    After class I talked to John. "Aye bruh, what was that?" I said grabbing his arm. "Get off me man, she's the one that kissed me when you walked in." he said snatching away. "You know I wouldn't do that to you." he said. "You right bruh, my bad." I apologized.

    At lunch I sat by Jamie. Neither one of us said anything at first. "Bae, we gotta stop this." I tell her. "I can't spend another without you." "To be honest I feel the same, but I don't know if I can trust you." she said. "You can Bae, trust me, I promise I won't hurt you again." I say. "Ok Bae, I love you." she says. "I love you too." I respond.