First Rehearsal: tardy.

LENA'S POV:

School ended and I made my way back to my dorm. It was 2:45pm. I think i might take a quick shower. I smell pretty bad. I hopped into the shower and washed myself.

I walk out of the bathroom wearing a pair of jeans and a shirt.

"What on earth are you wearing?", Elle asks.

"What do you mean? Does this not look okay?"

"Lena,  you're wearing pink jeans and a cat shirt."

"I know, what's wrong with it? I'm not going out or anything."

"Umm, yes you are. Today is the day when you have rehearsals with Ethan, remember? The duet? Oboe? Orchestra?"

OH DAMMIT. I checked the clock on my bedside table- 3:10.

"OH MY GOD I COMPLETELY FORGOT!" I panicked. Elle and I both stood up and starting pacing around our room. "What shall I wear? Shall I change my top?,  I questioned.

"LENA YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR WHOLE OUTFIT! YOUR HAIR IS NOT EVEN DRIED YET." Elle laughed. "You're going to hang out with Ethan Beih! The most intelligent, talented, handsome, alluring guy on campus. You can't just 'change your top'! I'll help you out."

Elle walked over to my wardrobe and chose out a pair of blue skinny jeans- no rips- and a white top. "Here, this looks pretty basic but if you wear a black belt it'll look great."

I ran into the bathroom and quickly changed. "How does this look?" I asked nervously.

"It looks great. Now, your hair. Because it's still wet I think you should put into a type of braid. Two dutch braids would look gorgeous." Elle guided.

I sat down at her vanity and she started to do my hair.

"While I'm doing your hair, moisturize your face and put tinted lip balm. You don't want to look like you have no soul."

I followed her instructions.

"Now, Lena Young... Tell me, how are you feeling right now?"

"I'm kind of panicking because I have this type of lateness anxiety. It's already 3:30 and I am not ready at all. I have to look presentable."

"Presentable, hmmm?" Elle chuckled while continuing to braid my hair.

"Yes. Presentable." I smiled into the mirror.

"Oh my days."

"What? Is something wrong?" I asked.

"You like him don't you?"

Just then, my phone rang. It was Ethan. How did he get my number?

Elle and I stared at each other in silence. I answered the phone.

"Hey, where are you? You haven't forgotten right?" Ethan said.

"No I haven't forgotton. I've just left my dorm and I am walking towards the music block now." I answered.

"Well, you're pretty late. It's already 4:05."

My eyes widened. Elle checked the clock at my bedside table and then checked her phone.

"He's right! Your clock was behind by half an hour!" she mouthed.

"I am almost there. Be there in five." I hung up the call.

I grabbed my oboe and sheet music then ran out of the dorm.