"I think we have our prophesies mixed up. See, mine says I'm supposed to kick your ass."

He gave her a look, something swirling in the molten silver that was his eyes. She didn't give a shit what it was though. Her vampires were on the move and she was going to move with them. She screamed at Kornae to use his magic as she pulled the God-slayer from its sheath. A green streak flew by her as she raced to get to him. Three of her lovers were knocked aside as the other three made contact. Braken roared, not from the agony she wanted, but rage. She could hear it in the sound as it echoed around the mountain top.

Then, she was there. She dove at him, planting her dagger in his thigh and this time, there was a slight bit of pain. This person wasn't a god and she knew how fast it could kill a Fae.

Micah and Gideon both hit the wall of the valley as Fallon, Gabe, Sebastian, and Alex came after him. A massive gray fist headed toward her, not near large enough to crush her in its grip, but so reminiscent of her dream. It hit her, but, instead of her taking the damage, Sebastian dropped to his knees. The mark of protection doing its job. There was no time to ask Sebastian to forgive her, as she pulled the knife from his leg and went after him again. The vampires were trying to distract him long enough for her to do what she had to. And it seemed to be working. She got him in the stomach next and Kornae's magic seemed to find the wound. The stream strengthened and then... he flung them all away. Like a horse shaking off flies.

Eve rolled head over heels for a moment before jumping back to her feet. She took a step and Braken's next actions broke everything inside her.

He pointed to Sebastian, trying to regain his feet. "This one bears the protection rune, no?"

Without waiting for her answer, he closed his fist and something invisible wrapped around her love. He was lifted off the ground and his eyes met hers for a moment before he was impaled on one of the sharp pieces of ice. Nothing happened to her. Nothing. Which meant he wanted it to happen. Her fucking modification to the goddamn rune.

He slumped over the thick ice, his blood coating. "Sebastian?" It wasn't sun. It wasn't shadow ripping his flesh from his bones. He could come back. He could fucking come back and before she could think of why it was a bad idea, she pulled shadow and flung it at the tall Fae that was wrecking her world.

There was a voice in her head now...

Have faith, Eve.

She imagined, it, didn't she?

She did have faith. The entire way up the mountain, she had faith. Only now... she was staring to lose it.

"You twisted it, I see. But no matter. You will still die. With no one to help you in your hour of need.."

Green flew past her and she joined it with shadow and the thing laughed at their combining of power. A motion of its hand sent Kornae up against rocks. And she was by herself.

"Beg me and I'll make it painless."

"I don't beg, asshat."

"My name is Braken."

"I don't give a shit. You have sentenced your realm to die. I name you coward and betrayer. Murderer of faerie.

She was up in the air and the pressure was breaking her but she fired shadow, hard and fast until she met the ground, hard enough to knock the breath from her. But then, there were things coming at her and they hit her because Sebastian was dead.

No, they were magic. They would have hurt her anyway. The one that pierced her heart made her choke on a laugh. Poetic.

He killed Sebastian because he could.