Chapter Five

So....

My bad. 

I suck at keeping to any kind of a timetable. I am aware of this massive flaw of mine. But, I love this story so much that I want to get it out for the rest of you guys. I am dealing with an ENORMOUS plot hole that I accidentally discovered, and another not so major one. It doesn't mean a lot for this book, exactly,  but I'm going to be busy fixing it for book two. Some scenes there will change. Hopefully not huge changes.  So far, they haven't been. AFTER I fix all these, I will go back and edit books two and three and comb book one once more. 

I'm going to ask you guys a few questions after this is over and I hope you stick around for them. Because it's basically going to be your decision as to whether or not I pursue what I'm talking about. 

Anyway, enough about that. 

On with the show. 

Eve sat up with a scream. Eyes not even open, she scrambled from the bed. Where was her dresser? Who's room was she in?

Kornae.

Where was his room? Did she have to roam the halls in nothing but a robe?

Who gave a shit.

She made it to the door, eyes blurry with sleep. Twisted the knob. Opened the door. Ran face fist into a body.

Her head flew up as she grabbed magic. Kornae.

"In a hurry?" he asked and she tried to dunk around him. He stepped into her path. "Eve, talk to me, are you okay?"

"I gotta go." She was in full on panic mode and nobody was going to stop her. Well, except Kornae, because he was blocking the door.

"What did I do? I thought—."

She shook her head. She knew she wasn't making sense. He had to let her go.

Hands gripped her shoulders and she looked up into calm blue eyes. "Breathe."

She took a deep one, only then realizing that she hadn't since she ran into him. He needed to move and she couldn't make sentences. Before she could think about actions and consequences, before she could worry about disrupting his comfortable life of screwing with her heart, she reached up, wrapped her hands around his neck, and pulled his surprised body closer. She could already imagine him distancing himself, but she would worry about that after she told Naiel how tragically fucked they were.

She sealed her lips to his and yep, hands on her shoulders, but wait, what? He didn't push her away. He kissed her back? She lifted her head. "What in the hell is wrong with you?"

"Me? What's wrong with you?"

"Why'd you kiss me?"

"Why did you kiss me?"

"I gotta go!" Didn't she already tell him that? He didn't get it that time either.

"Why?"

Oh no no, time for that. She chose 'tricky Fae crap for a thousand, Alex' and put her hands on his chest. That did it. He stepped back and she was gone, him chasing her and her fucking robe, with no ties, flapping in the breeze, giving anyone and everyone a peek at the goods. Not like they haven't seen them all before, in various ways.

"Eve," Kornae shouted and she ran faster, damn near tripping over a silver trolley that someone, not knowing that there was going to be a major shake-up in faerie, left in her path to kill the messenger.

Where in the bloody hell was she? She skidded to a stop in an intersection and demanded the palace give her a fucking portal to Naiel, where ever he was and do it now. She prayed to every god known to man that she wasn't interrupting anything as the shimmering circle appeared. She hated these things with a passion, but hey, death and destruction, or really uncomfortable squeezing. That choice was easy.