You felt warmth on your skin, as you were blinded by the sun shining through the window. The room next to you on the bed was empty, so you sat up a bit too fast, immediately placing a hand on your head.

Jeez, was he really that rough?

Trying to get up to see if he was still here, you grabbed one of the shirts he had bought for himself. It was nice and long, stopping halfway down your thighs. You tied your hair in a loose ponytail before heading to your small kitchen. Looking around, you didn't see or even hear him, so you began looking for a note he may have put somewhere. There wasn't a trace. That is, until you looked on the couch that had a small bag with a paper on top.

To Y/n

I'm terribly sorry..... I can't say it enough but I really am.... Take this bag I put together. It has the things I wanted to give you, as well as some pieces of clothes you loved on me. Thank you for accepting me for who I was, demon or not. I never wanted to tell you but.... I had to find a way to stop loving you since it was risky for the both of us. Meet me at the library tonight at 10 pm sharp.

You fought tears in your eyes, yet you were wondering what he meant. Even though it was first thing on a saturday morning, you were prepared to start putting pieces together. Despite all of the pain you were in from the previous night, you tried to distract yourself from the pain so you could think better.  Over the course of the day, all of this thinking and trying to put the pieces together made your head throb.

"Jimin whyyyyyyyy!" You slightly yelled a bit angrily before jumping onto your bed and began to sob. There were so many things on your mind to the point where you had bottled up your emotions without really realizing it. At the same time, you wondered so many things, like why a demom out of all people to date? Why were you so attached to a person that wasn't even really a human? What was the real reason behind falling in love so quickly?

"Why....." You spoke between sobs. You wanted to see him, so you could also apologize, yet you wanted to slap him, then kiss him, and say you love(d) him, but in all honesty, it broke you more. You really didn't know. But you wanted to give up.... Your phone suddenly rang, causing you to pick your head up to see the number. Speak of the devil. It was Jimin. Do you answer and let him hear how weak you are now but tell him how much you miss and still love him? Or not answer and let him become worried and keep apologizing so you feel a bit better?
Actually no.
Whose fault even is it anyway? Who really fell in love first with who?
You wanted answers. Putting your head back down, you let the phone ring so you could hear the one (of many) recording(s) you have of him singing. That was a mistake since you started to cry even more. Thought you knew you'd see him for the last time tonight, it still hurt.

ㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇ

Walking alone with earbuds in, you headed to the library, even though it was a bit earlier than the said time. Each step wore you down, since you knew this would be the time you'd have to end it with him, and probably never find someone else like him. Thoughts asode, you kept walking with your head hung low.

~

Arriving at the library, you sat on one of the benches outside, with aching legs, in the dark, and alone. Pausing your music, you took out your earbuds to listen to the silence-

"Y/n." A familiar voice spoke.

"You're late." You replied, avoiding eye contact.

"You're early." He replied, taking a seat next to you, but not too close. There was an awkward silence at first, since both of you were too hurt to say anything.

"I guess I'll go first." Jimin spoke. Nodding slightly while still avoiding eye contact, you let him continue.

"I'm assuming you read the note since you came. I'm really sorry.... I know I keep saying I am and you probably don't think so.... Which is why I did what I did last night.... I didn't know what else to do...." He paused, trying to calm his shaky breath before continuing, "I can't..... do this anymore.... Before either of us know it, I'll be a full demon again and all hell will break loose so...... I guess this is goodbye..." Jimin said, pressing his lips together as hard as he could to fight the tears.

"Actually..... It's okay. You can leave... Everyone does. I'm used to it...." You replied, also battling tears. You were in too much pain, now physically and emotionally. You always wondered. You knew people had demons but Jimin..... He was one.... But of course, you were dumb enough to fall for him, someone that probably isn't even real, and that this is all just some nightmare you'd have to wake up from sooner or later, yet you couldn't.

"Y/n-"

Before he continued, you had risen from the bench, quickly gave him one last kiss, and left. You didn't dare look back, you couldn't.

At least now I understand why my mom never let me use an ouija board....

Once you were a distance away, something made you look back, your eyes going wide at his figure fading. Slowly, painfully, like it was torture. Your feet were glued to the ground, an invisible weight in your chest making it heavy. Tears streamed down your cheeks as you watched still, running to him once you finally could.
The timing was off; you stopped right where he stood before, dropping to your knees to break down.
When you finally calmed down, there was a feather and a small, neatly folded, piece of paper.

Y/n.

I'm apologizing for the last time. I hope there's a time you remember me, or the memories we shared. It was nice being free for a while, and meeting you. You really cooled down the fire in me, making life more bearable. I promise you'll meet me again, whether it's in your dreams, nightmares, or memories. This feather I'm giving you, it will be the last gift i give for a while. Touch it, i want to see that beautiful smile before I'm fully gone. For me?

Picking up the feather, you played with it as you sobbed, seeing the memories you both shared, but from his perspective. He saw everything; your smile, your blush, your anger, fear, tears. He admired the little details and habits of yours, making his heart flutter. The days he walked you home, talking about random things. The day your mom popped over, the three of you being awkward but dorky, and your mother actually liking him, since she didn't know the truth. Times where he sang you to sleep, softly kissing your forehead. The days you'd find him sleeping, blushing when hearing his tired voice.

All of those memories were held in that feather, which you held close to your aching chest.

Please smile Y/n. Just once.

You giggled through your tears, looking at the feather once again.

Thank you. I love you Y/n. I'll be back.