"What are you doing here? You have your own hou--"

Her words are cut off as RK1 lifts the rezet to sapphirecosmo's temple and pulls the trigger.

She seizures and falls to the ground, blood running from her temple.

But she wasn't a part of the resistance.

She was just an investigator for the town.

But still... RK1 was right. She was a human.

+ + +

HK2 throws the rezet into the air and catches it, crawling through an unlocked window. Inside, there are piles of metal and tools, the room smelling rather metallic-y. HK2 scrunches their nose at the unpleasant smell. Beyond that, though is the sweet smell of something cooking through the open bedroom door, making HK2 kind of hungry.

"H-hey!"

The target comes rushing through the door at HK2, who takes a step forward.

"Dude, I didn't invite you--"

HK2 presses the rezet to the temple of the target, making her freeze, her eyes widening.

"Until the androids have all fallen," HK2 says, and pulls the trigger.

Black metal shines through in the moonlight.

goddessofcereal56, an amazing cook, has been killed.

One more point scored for humanity.

But is it enough?

+ + +

HK3 waits silently in the bathtub of her target, waiting them out. It takes hours, daylight nearly breaking before they return to their house, and HK3 readies themselves, keeping their breathing steady.

It sounds like the target walks right past the bathroom and falls onto the couch, burying her face into the fabric.

Why does it sound... like she's crying?

"All for an upgrade... or healing... I can't handle this."

HK3's nerves alight. Could they be right that this person isn't just an android, but... a killer? Of all of them?

Slowly, they get out of the tub and make their way out, their feet silent against the ground. Their heart pounds in their chest as they see the hair falling over the edge of the couch, and then it all becomes too real. They breathe a shaky breath out.

"AmberLynnWriter."

AmberLynnWriter sits upright immediately, wiping her eyes. HK3 stares down the one labeled RK2, so many conflicting things at war within them. The tears are too pure, lacking the consistency of the salt water any normal human would produce.

"You... You're not here to...?" AmberLynnWriter's voice is scratchy and solemn as she processes what's happening, tears still in her eyes. They don't even turn red like a human's would.

HK3's heart falters. She's one of the sweetest people HK3 knows, but... she's... an android.

"You're one of them. The rebellion," AmberLynnWriter says breathily, her voice wavering. "And you're... you're here to kill me?"

HK3 bites their lip, but nods. "I'm... sorry."

A deluge of tears falls over AmberLynnWriter's face and she nods, turning her head to the side.

"Please do it quickly," she whispers. "I can't... I can't take this anymore. I can't do it. Everyone in this town, human or robot... they're... you're..." she attempts to hold back a sob. "You're my family."