"You are losing life support," a robotic voice penetrated O'Hara's ears. The suit monitoring system provided detailed information regarding heart rate, blood pressure, and more medical jargon. "Temperature dropping. Losing Oxygen. Recommend you return to a safe zone."

O'Hara fumbled with the oxygen hoses behind his helmet, looking for leaks, not that he was able to find them wearing gauntlets, but his crew pushed him to keep moving.

"My fucking suit," he gasped. "Shit!"

"Please, Captain, try to remain calm. It'll take at least fifteen minutes to return to the ship," Nandesrikahl said.

"We have to move quickly," Sura added.

****

Swain's crew didn't have a chance to enjoy their view for long. The captain's fight echoed over their comms. seconds after their arrival, leaving them rattled. They exchanged looks of shock, but when Jun contacted the Explorer, Swain spoke.

"Captain, listen to me. It's Swain. Override your suit stability function, and set it to survival mode. It'll conserve Oxygen, regulate your temperature, and conserve power."

His information was sufficient to calm the captain. "Override code alpha six beta nine. Engage survival mode. Swain, what should I do about my visor?"

"I don't know. How bad is it?"

Martinez replied, "It's not that bad, just spider webbed."

"Okay, Captain, sounds like you're okay. If you're maintaining pressure, you can get back top side without a hitch."

****

While O'Hara's battle came to a head, the fourth team was treading much more slowly. They hadn't come across danger, but hearing the others fight rattled their nerves. Scanning the environment with gun lights, polished, blue, frozen walls reflected mesmerizing beams.

"Captain, are you hurt," Day asked.

"Uhh...broken, but not battered," he said.

"I think you have it backwards," Franklin laughed.

Ignoring him, he continued, "Having some difficulty moving, but I'll manage. I want everyone else to be careful, out."

Day took a deep breath. I don't want anyone else to get hurt, she thought. Becker swished by her to take point.

"Hey," Day called, "slow down."

"We should get a move on," Becker argued. "We know what these things can do."

Fretting nervously, Day fell back behind the rest. A second later, Franklin slowed. She got scared, and peeked over her shoulder, expecting a rear assault.

"You'll be fine, Miss Day, I think this hole is clean," he said.

His words comforted her. She smiled at him, but wasn't able to see his face. His black suit had him completely covered from head to toe like a space ninja.

Hun-Tan and Un-It, male Thewls, flanked Becker's rear, keeping aim above her shoulders. She maintained a fierce gaze, her whiskey mouth pulled tight over her teeth. Her jaw clenched nervously, but she wasn't about to be outdone by aliens, even if there wasn't any danger.

Together, they marched in unison for some time. Minutes of tension slogged on. Eventually, a faint light shone through the darkness; there was an opening ahead. Becker jogged to the corridor's edge.

She perched to have a look below and saw buildings yards away. Her eyes darted, trying to locate the light source, but all she witnessed was an icy floor, a frozen mist swirling inches above it, and the eerie light wafting around the expanse, creating strange, dazzling patterns across the walls. It was like the place was alive.