Chapter 14: Four Days Earlier

As promised here's another upload and guess what...I'm about to upload another two!!!!! I'm feeling generous mwahhhh xxx

AIDEN’S POINT OF VIEW

Yesterday was probably one of the most stressful days of my life. Seeing Leah sitting in my house with April last night was just crazy. I should have known that she was the one who had texted me, knowing that I would head to the motel to deal with the situation. I wasn’t sure what her game was, but I can tell you she was the only one laughing.

When I got home last night, April told me Leah had explained everything — about her, her “abusive boyfriend,” and that I had helped her by putting her up in the motel. She told April she had asked me not to tell anyone because she was ashamed. She conveniently left out the part where she took fake pictures and practically blackmailed me. That was the moment where I should have come clean, right? Wrong. I chickened out. Having that small taste of what it felt like when I thought April knew everything, made me think I couldn’t risk telling her. She seemed happy last night, and more importantly, we were back to normal.

I didn’t get a chance to speak to Leah about her sick games, but I would today. As soon as she comes in, I’m asking her to leave. I still can’t figure out what her deal is, but I no longer care. I just want her gone, out of our lives forever. I’ll find out what the hell she wants and send her packing.

The knock on my office door made me to lift my head. “Come in.”

“Hey,” Ant said, walking in.

“What are you doing here?” I asked in confusion.

“I’ve come to see if I recognize psycho girl, remember.”

“Oh yeah. She was at my house last night,” I whispered, leaning back in my chair.

“What the hell? What is this girl’s problem?”

“Beats me.”

“Are you sure you don’t know who she is?” he asked.

“If I knew who she was, don’t you think I would have said by now?” I asked angrily.

“Alright, chill out, I’m just asking. I’m on your side remember,” he said, taking a seat in the chair across from me.

“You’re right, I’m sorry. It’s all getting out of hand. I don’t know what the hell is going on anymore,” I mumbled.

“I know, and that’s why we’re going to get to the bottom of it. I want to ask you something anyway.”

“Sure, what?”

“Well, I was thinking of taking Jess out for a meal or something. We haven’t really been anywhere since Ella-May, and I was wondering if you and April are ready to start testing out you Godparent babysitting skills?” he chuckled.

“Yeah, why not. But you two aren’t going to end the night creating an Ella-May part two, right?”

“Funny,” he said, picking up a pencil from my desk and hauling it at me. “No, Jess would kill me. She already reminds me every day that I ruined her body.”

“Nice,” I chuckled. “So when are you planning this little romantic meal then?”

“Next weekend. Is that good for you?”

“Yeah, I’ll talk to April, but it should be fine. Who would have ever thought it, Anthony the romantic,” I teased.

“Shut up man! You make me sound like a girl.”