skipping (alex x niall)

niall rushed out of the store, trying to be as quick but as sneaky as possible. he walked out without a sound and strolled around to the back of the building where no one could see him due to the lack of windows.

the air was sharp and cold, making the hair on nialls arms rise. leaning against the unpainted brick wall, he pulled a box of cigarettes and a lighter out of his uniform pocket.

lighting the cigarette in his hand, he leaned his head against the brick wall. to say the least, niall didn't give a shit about his job - he worked in retail, so all he did all day was restock shelves and help dumbass customers find whatever fucking thing they were looking for. all his co-workers made him want to die. all of them except that one kid who joined about a month back. what was his name again? allen?

he sighed and blew out the smoke, when he heard footsteps from around the corner.
"skipping work again, are we?" the voice was familiar. niall looked up and saw that kid. he walked over to the blond, who was slightly smiling at his sight.

"guess i'm not the only one then," niall let out a breathy laugh through his nose, "smoke?" he offered, offering one out the box.
"why not," the young boy smiled, pulling a cigarette out the box and letting niall light it.
"what's your name?"
"alex. you?"
"niall," he paused, "you've only been working a month, already stopped giving a shit huh?"
"yep, only started working to get myself out of debt from uni," alex puffed out and smoke filled the air. he started to cough, and niall laughed.

"wow, such a badass," the older boy leaned back and smiled. "and you're still at uni? what you studying?"
"yeah, i'm only 20," alex scoffed, "and i'm studying media and communications and videography, it's a fucking drag." niall just smiled in response

"so, how comes you've been skipping work for the past couple weeks?" alex shifted his body so he was leaning on his arm that was leaning against the wall.
"how do you know that?" niall puffed out smoke and it filled the air.
"well, it's hard to keep my eyes off a cutie like you," the younger boy crossed his arms and had a smug look on his face.

"oh, so it's like that is it?" niall also shifted his body so he was facing alex, and he raised one eyebrow.
"perhaps," the young boy smiled and pushed his hazelnut hair to the side.
"well, seeing that it's like that, how about we go get a drink later?" niall suggested, smiling with his teeth.
"i'd love to,"

niall had no idea how cute alex could be. how the fuck didn't he notice? well, he occasionally stared at his ass as he bent down to grab something to put on a shelf, but apart from that, he kept to himself and didn't socialise with the people he worked with.

"if i knew that i worked with such a fuckin' cutie, i wouldn't be skipping all the time," alex scoffed and smiled. "is this ya first time skipping then?" niall asked.
"yeah, lynda never gets off my fuckin case just 'cuz i'm new." the blond raised an eyebrow in confusion, "lynda? the old one with the bun and too much mascara?" alex prompted, niall saying "oooooh, fucking lynda,"

"so, what time we getting this drink sweetie?" niall subtly smiled, tucking alex's hair behind his ear. alex took a step towards niall, and handed him a piece of paper with a number scribbled in sharpie. "call me~" he winked, before turning around and walking away, niall staring at him and smiling in awe.