Chapter 12

H grabbed A's hand not wanting to lose her in the crowd, he worked their way through the crowd wedging through the people. A scanned the people in the crowd, but oddly they were faceless and it was a sea of monochromatic suits, finally h pulled her onto the tube, into his chest, it was stiff and sculpted from years of intense labor. She ran her hands over his chest, digging her nails into his chest, not hard but more of an affectionate padding. His hands pulling at her waist, she looked up at his face only to realise something was terribly wrong. His eyes were dead and lifeless, it was as if he were taken over by the Hive. Whatever rational part of her brain that told her that she helped destroy the Hive went out the window. She backed away quickly tripping over her feet, falling onto her arse, and scrambling backwards hyperventilating.
"What's wrong love?" Henry's voice was cold and had the Hive overtone, he towered over her, she shut her eyes preparing for the worst. She felt her shoulders shaking, slowly opening her eyes, h was face to face with her looking in her eyes, she leapt away from him, landing on the floor, huddling in a corner. She couldn't think straight, curled in fetal position as h tried to soothe her. He approached as if she were feral, a hand slowly crept onto her back, Henry pulled her gently into him, holding her against his chest, hugging her and whispering softly that she was fine. She was shivering, but not from the cold, her hand snaked behind his neck into his hair, her hand against his back. Her breathing was raspy but slowing down, the sound of his heart beating was calming, and his day old cologne was fading but smelled so masculine. H's stubble scraped against her neck it was bitter sweet and she love his five oclock shadow. H slipped his hand under her knees and behind her back, picking her up and taking her back to the bed.
He gently put her down into the soft and cozy bed, before getting in next to her. His hand slid along her bare stomach, making it's way behind her back and resting on her arse, and pulling her closer to him.
"Hey," Henry said trying to get her attention. Anastasia looked up at him, her eyes gleaming with what little light was in the room.
"I am so in love with you, I would do anything if you asked, I would go to the lengths of the universe for you," Henry said starting to laugh.
"God, I dont deserve you, you are the best thing to ever happen to me Anastasia."
His words were so sweet, and he meant them without a shadow of a doubt, he loved her unconditionally. Anastasia wasnt very trusting, and her relationship with Henry was shakey at best but she loved him wholly and completely. She kissed him tenderly but with an intensity and passion that she didn't have to say she loved him too but she did it anyways. His hands gripped her hips pulling her into his body and as much as he loved and wanted her they both needed sleep for tomorrow.
The sun peaked through the windows the flat was smaller than his but they were safe from Archer. H roller out of bed careful not to wake her up, the flat heating was working hard to keep the inside warm but it was still kinda cold. He started cracking eggs and cooking some bangers(sausage) on the stove, flipping the eggs and plating the food to serve to his beautiful girlfriend. He sat next to her and she stirred as he re-entered the warmth of the duvet. She took the plate from him and popped the 2 easy over yolks just as she always did, H chuckled at her thinking to himself that she was a freaking lunatic, and she was giggling at him cuz he was peeling the thin crépine layer off the bangers.
After breakfast is done A and H step out of the flat onto the hustling and bustling New York street, taxi's filling the streets, the smell of oil and smog filling the air, and people crowded the sidewalks. Henry took Anastasia hand guiding her through the crowd of people, making their way to the tube, getting on the tube was another challenge. The tubes were crowded with people, packed into a train like sardines in a can. Ana faced the door, her back against Henry's chest, one arm across her protectively the other holding onto the above head bar. H leaned down, whispering,"you look so beautiful," and kissing the side of her head.
After a few stops they got off, making their way over to MIB New York, it was only a few blocks through the never ending morning rush crowd. They got side tracked and ended up in strawberry fields central park talking with an elderly couple that liked their accents. H wanted to take a moment with his partner and just hold her, smell her hair, toy with her hands, all the romantic sentiments. She loved that about him, he was a hopeless romantic, something lost to time, he was such a huge soft, a giant teddy bear of a man despite his gruff exterior. Despite wanting to stay in his arms relaxed and peaceful she knew that there were more important things at hand and they had to get to MIB New York HQ, they were working on something to protect them from telepathic attacks. It was slow but the progress was definitely there.

Sorry mostly a filler chapter.