c h a p t e r 7

Helena adjusted her dress before looking herself up and down in the mirror. "Oh my God, calm down Helena it's just a party not prom," she breathed out.

She made sure that there was no lipstick stain on her teeth. Picking her purse up, she walked downstairs to awaiting Jason who was sitting patiently in his car. After making sure that all of her windows and doors were locked, she made her way to her date's car.

Jason looked up from his phone and he almost choked on his saliva for the girl who was making her way to his car. He can't help but let his eyes scanned her entire self. She was wearing a red coloured dress that reached below her knees and her hair was let down in her usual bouncy curls. He shook his head at himself. Great, he just managed to make himself look like a pervert. He got out of his car holding his car door open for her.

She chuckled at his action, "You really don't have to do that. I can open the door alright."

"Yeah, I know." He rubbed his neck sheepishly. "I just w-wanted to impress you." He stammered on his own word.

"Well, you made quite a good impression there." She raised her eyebrows teasingly at him.

"Oh shut up, I know I was stammering and that was not a manly thing to do." He shook his head in disappointment.

"Let's not wallow in self pity and have some fun tonight." She grinned giving him an award winning smile.

"I would love that." Smiling to himself, he closed the door of his car and making his way to his seat.

_________

They walked inside the house with her hand hooked around his left arm. Some people turned their head to stare at them. He could feel the glares coming from the boys burning holes in him but he ignored it since he was so used to it. At that moment, he felt like the luckiest person in the world with a girl whom he liked standing right next to him. Also the fact that she could have any of the boys but yet she chose to stick with him made him fall for her.

"Hey, you're zoning out." She laughed at him while poking his cheek with her index finger. "Wanna go grab some drinks?"

"Sure," he smiled taking her hand to lead her to the table where cups filled with alcohol were lined up on. He took a cup from the table passing it to her. She took it from him while muttering a small thanks. He smiled at her in reply before they both went to sit at the couch that was situated in front of the tv.

"Hey, you guys came!" Breanna giggled excitedly motioning for a hug from Helena. Helena grinned before giving her a hug and giving Cynthia a hug too afterwards.

"We're about to play a game. Y'all wanna join?" Cynthia wiggled her eyebrows.

Helena shrugged, "Why not? You wanna join Jason?" She asked looking up at him expectedly.

"Yeah sure," he followed the girls sitting in a circle with his other schoolmates. He gulped down the rest of the content in his cup putting the empty red coloured cup down on the floor behind him.

"Jason!"

He heard his name being called and he looked to his left to see Terry about to sit in the circle.

"Hey you didn't tell me you're going to the party." Jason raised his eyebrows at his best friend.

"Neither did you but now I know why..." Terry trailed off before smirking as though he was teasing Jason.

Jason rolled his eyes looking to his right where Helena was sitting beside him. She was just looking at them with an amused smile lighting up her face. He mentally groaned at his best friend for embarrassing him. Nice.

Breanna stumbled before sitting down and putting an empty bottle in the middle of the circle. "Y-you guys know how it goes right?" She slurred her words already drunk. "Now let's play truth or dare!"