c h a p t e r 4

It was silence. Not one of them making a sound. Only the sound of their breaths. He gulped and breathe through his nose. He didn't know why he suddenly felt nervous.

"Hello?" Her smooth voice was the one who broke the silence. He suddenly remembered what Jack had told him at school about her having a nice voice.

It was true that she has a really nice voice. A smooth silky voice indeed. He hesitated for a moment before asking, "Hey are you Grace?"

"Yes I am Grace." She paused for a moment before continuing. "And I know the reason why you called me."

He gulped. "To make a wish?"

"Yes a wish about your ex-girlfriend i'm guessing?" She said and he almost could see her smirking from the other line.

"How do you know?" He frowned.

"That does not matter. Are you here to make a wish or not?"

He nodded before remembering that she couldn't see him. Or maybe she could, say a little voice at the back of his head. "Yeah, it doesn't matter."

"All you have to do is repeat what I said. It's simple really can you do it?"

"Yeah." He gulped.

"Dear Grace, my name is Jason Xavier. I am here to make a wish, a wish that would have consequences that would either benefit me or cause disasters. State your wish."

He took a deep breath before repeating her. It's too late for him to back out now. Some might say that he's stupid for making the wish as soon as they hear the word 'disaster' but he got nothing to lose anyway.

"Dear Grace, my name is Jason Xavier. I am here to make a wish, a wish that would have consequences that would either benefit me or cause disasters. I wish," he paused before continuing. "to get someone that would love me and be loyal to me."

"Your wish is granted." She spoke and ended the call before he could add anything. Not like he was going to add anything.

He could feel a shiver went up his spine. He ran a hand through his hair. What did he just do?

___

He stood with his back against his locker and his teammates around him talking. He didn't feel anything, not an ounce of sadness, happiness, anger or confusion. Just numb.

"Dude, are you okay?" His teammate Terry patted his shoulder.

"Yeah, i'm fine. Just tired I think." He smiled trying to convince Terry.

"Oh okay man." Terry shrugged.

He was trying to hear his teammates talking about something that doesn't interest him when suddenly they quiettened down. He frowned, confusion written clearly on his face. He looked up to see what they were looking at.

A girl was walking down the hallway. She seems to be what everyone was looking at. I mean like who wouldn't stare at her?

With her beautiful long dark brown hair that was let down flowing behind her back in loose curl. Her long legs that looks like it could go on and on was let bare for everyone to see. She was dressed in a slim fit maroon dress that reached her mid-thigh.

Her red lips pulled up in a smirk. She knew that everyone was staring at her. She didn't care. She loves all the attention they were giving her. It made her feel as if she could control them and the fact that she just transferred here.