Chapter 46-What are We?

Magsimula sa umpisa

Was she in heaven?

Just then a chuckle erupted from the kiss and Zhang Sheng pulled away.

"If we keep this up, I'm afraid I might just pin you down and ravage you," he teased. Kairi's face burned and she quickly put a bit of distance between them. She remembered him telling her that Wei Xing and Mei Er constantly came in to check up on her.

What if they walked on them kissing? Do they even know about her strange relationship with Zhang Sheng? Is it even okay for them to have a relationship?

She pondered over these questions only for everything to slip away when she felt a peck on her cheek.

"I promise I'll tell you everything after you eat," Zhang Sheng said as he handed her the bowl of porridge again. She sighed and reluctantly spooned some into her mouth.

As soon the food hit her stomach, she realized how hungry she was. She finished the bowl but it wasn't enough to satisfy her stomach.

"Mei Er should be done cooking soon," he said as he stroke her hair affectionately. He put the bowl away and pulled her into his embrace despite her protest. 

"Stop. What if Master or Jie Jie comes in?" she whispered as she tried to push at him.
"Weren't you clinging helplessly to  Why so bashful?" he laughed.

"Argh. Seriously. Enough. Aren't you supposed to tell me everything that you hid from me?" she snapped.

"I'm just making you more comfortable before I tell you everything," he lied.

"Right, cause this is so comfortable," she said sarcastically.

"So you admit it," he said teasingly.

"I'll scream for Master. Let's so how he deals with you when he sees you," she threatened. He suddenly released his hold on her while laughing nervously.

"Alright. I was just teasing you," he said.

She suddenly found the person who could scare Zhang Sheng. Secretly laughing in her heart, she smiled in triumph.

"Where should I start?" he asked.

"At the beginning from when we first met. You already knew then that Xiao You was the girl of destiny, didn't you?"

"I did."

He explained how he was given the sight to see the mark of the goddess on the girl of destiny and had been cursed to not fall in love. He had purposely left the jade hairpin to her to keep an eye on her. Unfortunately after their first outing together, someone had been tailing them. He knew then that someone had realized that he had found the girl of destiny. He then had Grandmaster Liu keep her locked inside the sect to protect her. To make matters worse, after helping Mei Er and Wei Xing escape, the enemy started to close in on the identity of the girl of destiny so Zhang Sheng tried to keep his distance. Things didn't work out well as General Feng suddenly wanted Kairi to leave Liu Sect. He figured she would be alright as long as he kept his distance and didn't keep contact but he didn't count on Grandmaster Liu to seal her core leaving her vulnerable. He had no choice but to appear before her and find the reason for her seal. That was when he learned about the reason for the seal. The soul of Xiao You had been trapped to keep them both alive. Things became worse when a traitor appeared in the sect.

"Who was the traitor? I thought Master was the one who attacked the sect?" Kairi asked feeling confused.

"You could say that it was Da Shi Xiong or at least the traitor looked like Da Shi Xiong. It was actually Jiang Liu disguised as Da Shi Xiong," Zhang Sheng said.