Chapter 20 - They Meet Again

Começar do início

"Aw. Is my silly shizhi pouting? I'm here now. Whatever questions you have, I'll answer them all," he said and rubbed her head affectionately. Before Kairi could say anything, an angry voice from behind her screamed, "Get away from my Xiao Xiao!"

A palm blast was flying their way. Feng Jiang has gone crazy! He threw a palm blast right into the crowd. It wasn't super strong but it'd be enough to knock her out at least. Kairi didn't have the energy to jump out of danger but she didn't need to worry. Zhang Sheng wrapped a tight arm around her waist and the both of them quickly jumped out of danger. Dust and sand flew everywhere. People screamed and quickly scattered to avoid the danger. The street quickly cleared up leaving several meters of an empty distance between Feng Jiang and Zhang Sheng.

"Let go of my mei mei," Feng Jiang hissed through gritted teeth.

"You know this little girl has no energy in her. Your palm blast could've killed her," Zhang Sheng said frowning. Feng Jiang gasped at his mistake. He quickly forgot his anger and rushed up to Kairi.

"Xiao Xiao. Gege apologizes. Are you hurt anywhere?" he asked checking her from side to side.

"I'm fine. Zhang Sheng uh... I mean, Fifth Shishu managed to pull me from harm," Kairi said.

"Fifth... Shishu?" Feng Jiang frowned as he eyed him up and down. It suddenly clicked in his head who Zhang Sheng was. "Gasp! Your high--!"

He quickly snapped his mouth shut when he saw that Zhang Sheng had held up a hand to stop him.

"Why don't we go somewhere in private to talk?" he suggested.
"Of course! Of course! This way!" Feng Jiang exclaimed as he led the way back to Lan Manor.

"This general did not know that your highness knew this family's Xiao Xiao. Forgive this rude one," Feng Jiang said as he brought his hands together and dropped to his knees.

"Ah. Skip the formalities. I came because this silly girl had questions to ask me," Zhang Sheng replied.

"Yes, your highness." He got back up to his feet and took a seat. Now that Zhang Sheng was here, Kairi could finally ask him what had been nagging her months ago. She already had her mouth open but no words came out. Someone had already screamed out his name before her.

"Zhang Sheng Gege!" a high pitched voice cried out. Kairi groaned at the sound of that voice. Someone must have told Feng Jiu that Prince Zhang Sheng had arrived. Madam Feng wasn't too far behind either. The both of them greeted Zhang Sheng and Feng Jiu practically flew the short distance to Zhang Sheng's side. She wrapped herself tightly around Zhang Shen's arms and rubbed herself against him. Kairi frowned at the sight and Zhang Sheng looked uncomfortable. She mouthed womanizer at him and quickly looked away. As if he felt her anger seeping out of her body, Zhang Sheng cleared his throat and pried his arm out of Feng Jiu's grasp.

"Miss Feng Jiu, it's not proper for a young lady to do this," Zhang Sheng said and shifted in his seat. Feng Jiu frowned and muttered, "Why not? Aren't I your fiancée?"

"Fiancee?" Feng Jiang repeated. "Feng Jiu, did you forget that his highness is betrothed to Xiao Xiao?"
"Jiang Ge! When everyone thought Xiao You had passed away, his highness the king said that Zhang Sheng Gege would marry me!"

Kairi finally looked back at the couple. Fiancee? Betrothed? What was all this about? She raised a questioning eyebrow at Zhang Sheng who once again cleared his throat.

"About the engagement. Things are quite complicated with the first lady still being alive so the engagement has been put on hold," Zhang Sheng explained.
"Gasp! Zhang Sheng Gege, but his highness the king said...!" Feng Jiu was quickly cut off.