ʙᴇɴᴊᴀᴍɪɴ "ʙᴇɴᴊɪ" ᴡʀɪɢʜᴛ

Name ✯ Benjamin Wright
Nickname(s) ✯ Benji, by a select few.

Age ✯ 22
Gender ✯ Male
Sexuality ✯ Bisexual
FC ✯ Patrick O'Donnell

Age ✯ 22Gender ✯ MaleSexuality ✯ BisexualFC ✯ Patrick O'Donnell

Personality ✯ Benjamin is quick to anger, and easy to annoy. He has no problem with slapping someone if it gets them to shut up. That being said, most people see him as the guy who sits by a window, dark and brooding for most of the day. He shows distaste in the innocent, happy parts of life, but does secretly enjoy them. He has no armor to break through and he's not a humongous softie inside, Benjamin is the way he is naturally. He has a tendency to say what's on his mind, with little regard to how the target may feel. He's confident, but not so confident that he appears vain. Benjamin just carries himself well and prefers to be out of embarrassing encounters or events. He isn't going to be persuaded to share secrets quickly, favoring getting to know people first.

Backstory ✯ Benjamin and his sister were born to older parents, both of them being 43 and 47 at the time of his birth. As both the and his parents aged, Benjamin knew he to start working to support them soon, and started a job at the young age of 14 by lying about how old he was. Unfortunately, some scrubs saw this as an opportunity to take advantage of the little kid with money in his pockets so he had to learn how to defend himself as well. His sister stayed at home to learn basic ways to make a living from their mother, who died when Benjamin and his sister were 19 and 22 respectively at the age of 62. His father is still living with his sister while he's in the Selection.

Likes ✯ Sugary/sour candy and foods, fisticuffs, observing others, enjoying himself, being able to meet "normal people," mice.
Dislikes ✯ getting annoyed/dealing with annoying people, being challenged, talking about himself, dressing up, unexplainable bubbliness, repetitivity. Benjamin doesn't want everyday to be the same.
Strengths ✯ He can defend himself, both physically and verbally. Either way packs a punch. Benjamin knows how (most) people work, and has no trouble picking up social cues. He is honest, and won't tell people what they want to hear.
Weaknesses ✯ He often pushes people the wrong way, and some people don't like his ability to be veracious. It's not easy for him to open up to people, so Benjamin has a harder time making friends. He's also really bad at planning things, seriously...

Flaws ✯ This is minor, but Benjamin sometimes stares at people when he wants to initiate conversation. He's either trying to think of what to say, or forgot what he was going to try to talk to them about.
Fears ✯ He hasn't taken note of it yet, but Benjamin's major fear is fear itself. He hates being afraid of things because he doesn't want any shortcomings to hold him back from new oppurtunities. Due to this, Benjamin will jump into things he think he's afraid of without a second thought.

Why He Joined ✯ If anyone asks him, we won't respond with the typical "I joined for love and happiness!" It'll be more like "I'm here to learn." He is well aware that this is a competition, and would like to know the royals better to see who's really running the kingdom. And if he happened to rule alongside the, that's just an added feature.
Thoughts on the Selection ✯ Benjamin thinks it's strange, the Selection is a public competition that anyone could win. He thought that royals would want to marry royals, not the lower class.

Other ✯ Benjamin used to have a small "mouse farm" where he would breed mice to sell as food for cats and any humans that would be interested. He has 6 of them as his casual pets.

________________

originally for -LovableFire- 's selection roleplay

_______________

additional tags:

SkyfireofLostclan