01

freckles littered across millions of constellations of tanned skin seemed to be permanently etched to richie tozier–painting each freckle upon those freckled cheeks with his gaze seemed to always be a habit of richie tozier's. what could richie say he happened to be a creature of habits, especially when it came to the boy who he was catching himself staring at. his heart seeming to fill such a longing feeling it seemed almost as if he could feel the burning sensation enter his heart as he watches those familiar features bounce around, energetically.

he seems happy. richie frowns tugging the bottom lip between his teeth(another one of his many habits he had formed over the years) as he sucked in air. he didn't have the right to feel an ounce of sadness—everything that happened was richie's fault. it's always my damn fault, i don't know how to not hurt people who just want to be my fucking friend. fucking trashmouth. a sour taste grows in his mouth as he bites down harshly on his tongue. sometimes richie needed to learn to do that. richie pushes up the coke-bottle glasses, the frames pushing harshly against his face. he deserved the pain though. right?

as richie stares at the shorter boy, his eyes, that always seemed to gleam the color of black coffee color–reminding richie of the steaming pools of the liquid that pours from them, bulges out of his head as he peaks his head across the many heads. richie cursed his tall stature, wanting to shrink into the size of a crumb littered on the ground as ants fought over it. he would rather be eaten by a fucking ant than face the wrath of the bubbly and very talkative eddie kaspbrak who never seemed to know when to shut his mouth. and they call me trashmouth tozier. richie scoffs turning himself quickly away.

"richie!" the boy makes a beeline through the crowd some people sending him harsh glares as he briskly moves the sound of his fanny pack rattling as the pills shook. richie with curious eyes always wondered why eddie was taking all sorts of pills. but richie never once questions the bubbly 14 year old, biting his tongue to prevent his trash mouth from breaking the fragile looking boy. but he could handle trash mouth it was richie who couldn't handle the responsibility of keeping his mouth shut, the voices of his characters he made up tumbles from his parted lips in a lame attempt to escape the attention being on him and his stupid, stupid fucking trashmouth.

biting back the usual snarky trashmouth tozier remark he wanted to allow bubble from his lips. he wanted to tell eddie kaspbrak to fuck off again like he had the first day the boy had come to richie, but richie couldn't help but notice that puppy looking pout he gave him when he thought for just a second maybe trashmouth tozier did want eddie kaspbrak to fuck off. everyone always was annoyed by the fireball of energy yelling at him to shut up as he excitedly spoke about something he thought maybe they cared about.

"hey spaghetti boy." he forces a smile, letting the forced nickname roll of his tongue as eddie shakes his head instantly.

"don't call me that!" eddie frowns.

richie forces out a chuckle, shifting his weight from one foot to the other (another dumb habit of his). "why aren't the other weirdos here?" richie instead says. normally eddie was surrounded by people; those people being his friends. friends. eddie has friends so why was he talking to richie tozier? the boy wasn't deserving of company–the only company he was deserving of was the aching loneliness as his thoughts swarmed through his head yelling so many nasty things at him. richie tozier wasn't deserving of friends and certainly wasn't deserving of being talked to considering his constant need to run his mouth.

eddie stands on his tippy toes, peaking over the fewer heads that now blocked his way of seeing. "over there." he points across the street near the ice cream parlor. richie snaps his head into the direction of eddie's finger noticing the five friends were watching them, their eyes glued to eddie. occasionally richie would notice the boy with similarly curly hair, but shorter, kept staring at him squinting his eyes almost as if richie was a bird he was studying from afar. he studied the way he talked to eddie. this made richie slightly uncomfortable not really liking the attention being drawn to him.