Return to Deadwood

** Time Hop **

Catherine's (y/n) point of view

Its been a few weeks now...8 weeks to be exact. Cody is growing beautifully and I'm finally back to my normal self. Even Zak is doing really well and is being such a amazing father, it sure didn't take Zak long to fit perfectly into the role of fatherhood.

During these last few weeks we have even left Cody with Zak's mom or sister Meredith for us to have sometime to ourselves or to catch up on some rest. As long as I know he's happy and safe I'm happy for him to stay with them...and that's a good thing because now I get to go with Zak and the guys to their investigations.

Zak only wants me to be their photographer at the moment, and to stay in nerve centre but he said he'll slowly get me more involved with the investigations.

Zak: "you ready to go baby?"

Catherine (y/n): "yep, now are you sure you'll be fine with Cody?"

Nancy: "of course I will sweetie, now go and have fun with Zak"

Zak: "baby, everything will be ok. I'm sure if there's anything wrong with Cody then mom will call us, won't you mom?"

Nancy: "of course I will, we'll be fine"

I gave Cody one last kiss and cuddle then I got onto the RV with Zak and headed off for our investigation.

Zak came over and sat next to me, Then he embraced me in his arms.

Zak: "I promise everything will be ok with Cody baby, we'll have a great time too"

Even though we've been leaving Cody with Zak's family a few times. I do feel worried about leaving him this time, I know he'll be looked after by his wonderful grandparents.

Zak's point of view

I can see Catherine (y/n) is a little bit worried about leaving Cody and I reassured her he'll be fine with my family.

Catherine (y/n): "I know he will be safe, I just can't help but feel worried about leaving Cody"

Zak: "I know you are baby, it's only natural to feel worried. But I promise he will be ok"

Catherine (y/n): "I know"

I held her in my embrace and reassured her again and then we got onto the RV and made our way to our new investigation location.

We are on our way to investigate Deadwood again, there has been alot more activity and they wanted us to re-investigate it. I told Catherine (y/n) some of the history about the place and reminded her what happened last time.

Catherine (y/n): "I remember that episode, that guy creeped me out and I actually felt worried for you when he said he wanted to wrap his hands around your throat"

Zak: "I know the energy in that place was insane, I wanted to do him some serious harm too"

Catherine (y/n): "I hope you don't have to see him again, I don't want him to harm you"

The only thing is we are seeing him again, but this time I'm ready. If he wants to cause harm to me I'll be ready to block him and harm him back.

Zak: "unfortunately we do have to see him again baby, but don't worry I won't let anything happen to me or anything happen to you for that matter"

I held her in my arms tight and before long we arrived at deadwood.

Aaron: "dude this place hasn't changed one bit"