Back to Normal?

Neither of them slept well that night. While Aziraphale managed to fall into a restless sleep that consisted of him sinking into the depths of hell, struggling to get out while Crowley walked away from him laughing - Crowley didn't sleep, one bit. He just lay there, and sat there, and stood there, unsure of what to do. At one point he considered going downstairs to apologise to Aziraphale, to say sorry for being so forward like that, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. It wasn't his actual embarrassment at kissing Aziraphale that was the main reason he was still awake at four in the morning, it was because he was so concerned for the angel's future. He was racked with worry and guilt at the thought that he had just cost his angel a place in Heaven. Crowley knew the angel would never forgive him if he fell. He might be able to handle Hell, but that place was several steps too far for Aziraphale. The poor guy got dizzy even thinking about its waiting room.

Crowley finally decided to make his way downstairs at seven and he realised with a groan that he had never actually been awake for this long (Crowley loved sleep nearly as much as he loved Aziraphale...so basically, a hell of a lot). The sun had barely risen, birds were just starting to tweet and he was craving something alcoholic. In his living room he found Aziraphale, lying down with his eyes wide open, an open book discarded next to him. He even looked cute when he lacked sleep (as Crowley quickly noted as soon as he entered the room), his hair was ruffled, his pyjamas were slightly crinkled and unbuttoned at the top so Crowley could just see the beginnings of his chest. Tease...he thought, then blushed at himself. Aziraphale must have felt a new presence in the room because he sat up and twisted round to face Crowley before he had had a chance to announce himself.

Aziraphale felt himself blush slightly at how sweet Crowley looked, despite the obvious lack of sleep and foul mood he seemed to be in. Crowley didn't 'do' pyjamas, so he was wearing what looked to be a black pair of football shorts and a black vest, one black sock on and the other...was somewhere else. Crowley's hair, although short, wasn't its usual styled mess but, considerably more ruffled. Aziraphale longed to hug Crowley, to stoke his hair and stare into his eyes but, alas, he knew he couldn't. So he settled for a smile that he hoped was ordinary enough. "Good Morning, Crowley. I trust you slept well", he tried to sound cheerful but there's only so much energy an angel can give off after only 4 hours worth of sleep and a severe beating the night before. Crowley's shoulders slumped in a full body sigh. Okay, maybe Aziraphale didn't hate him?

"Morning angel" he made a funny noise in response to the question, something somewhere between 'meh' and 'ughh' with a tongue roll, "What about you?", he shuffled over to the kitchen, Aziraphale shrugged his shoulders and tilted his head to side in response. Crowley didn't need to know how last nights events had made him feel. Crowley slid out of the kitchen with a mug in his hand. "Tea? Don't worry I'll miracle it so it might actually be drinkable" he said with a laugh. Aziraphale nodded and felt his eyes drift towards Crowley's butt as he walked back into the kitchen. Really, it was practically criminal for a demon to have such a nice backside - although, to be fair, it wasn't like he was about to complain anytime soon.

A few minutes later, both angel and demon were sat side by side on Crowley's leather couch (Aziraphale had changed it back while Crowley was making his tea). The radio was on for Crowley and Aziraphale was once again reading a book. He had made quite a fuss when Crowley came in with tea and toast for him and a bottle of wine for himself. He had taken several big swings and was already half way done. Little did Aziraphale know: this was how he normally started his mornings. Both were thinking of how grateful they were for the other not being utterly furious for kissing them. After all, Crowley thought as he took another swig, Somebody to Love blasting down the radio, it was only a tiny kiss and he knew he would rather work for Heaven than allow it to be the last.

☆Helloooooo everyone. I'm sorry it's been so long but school is quite stressful. I have big exams in the summer which isn't fun and some mocks coming up but I doubt I'll leave this big of a gap ever again (hopefully ´・ᴗ・ )
Alsoooo, I wanna say thank you sooo much for over 1k reads!!! Its crazy to me that so many people think this isn't just random garbage so thank you so much つ᎑•᷅)♡
I hope you all have a great day!