Tea (...sort of)

Aziraphale found himself sat down on his tartan sofa, topless and bruised with Crowley making him a cup of tea in his kitchen. Loud noises were coming from the kitchen, mainly swearing and growling. “Everything alright dear?” Aziraphale called in the direction of the doorway where Crowley suddenly appeared, holding a steaming mug. “I hope so...”, Crowley pressed the cup into Aziraphale’s hands. Crowley didn’t like tea, he only drank it to please Aziraphale. To him it was just a hot mess and he couldn’t see why anyone would want to drink it, so he had never bothered to learn how to make it. Aziraphale sputtered and coughed slightly, “What’s wrong angel?” Crowley said, concerned. “Thank you for the tea, dear...it’s certainly interesting” Aziraphale said quietly, smiling and biting his lip. “Ugh...to Hell with tea angel. We need to talk about what’s gonna happen next...with you", Crowley settled down next to Aziraphale on the tartan sofa - or as well as he could on something so soft. Aziraphale was confused, “Next? Whatever do you mean?”, to him everything was solved: all he had to do was get better, as he was sure Gabriel wouldn’t be coming back. He felt Crowley roll his eyes and rub his face roughly next to him, “I’m not leaving you here, angel. They’re going to be coming back for you...you do realise that, right? They won’t leave you alone - Gabriel won’t leave you alone. Not at the moment at least.”

Aziraphale placed the mug of (terrible) tea down on his table and shifted himself so he could face the demon. What did Crowley mean? Why wouldn’t Gabriel leave him alone now, hadn’t he done what he had meant to do already? “Crowley I--" Crowley cut him off,
“You’re coming home with me. It’s the only way I can ensure your safety angel...you wouldn’t understand but your safety,...to me it's...” Crowley trailed off, stood up and leant against the mantelpiece. He was so worried for Aziraphale, he could never tell the angel how he really felt, of course -  how would Aziraphale react? He would probably never want to see him again, and Crowley wasn’t entirely sure if he’d blame him. Aziraphale was sat on the sofa, hugging a blanket and staring at Crowley. He'd known that Crowley thought about him from time to time but he didn’t think he actually cared. He never thought he really meant anything to him. “Crowley...”, Aziraphale stood up and gently touched the demon’s shoulder, making him jump. Crowley loved how bright blue Aziraphale’s eyes were, there were days that Crowley truly believed he could spend eternity staring into them. “Thank you for your kind offer, I’d love to stay with you for a while. Only a short while though, Crowley, I do have a bookshop to look after!”, Aziraphale smiled and tilted his head slightly at the demon. Crowley felt himself soften and his posture loosen. He nodded and took the angel by the arm, lead him out of the shop and sat him down in the Bentley.

“Oh, my books!”, Aziraphale tried to stand back up again, but Crowley placed a hand on his shoulder and sat him back down. “I’ll back angel" he said, gently, closing the car door and going back into the bookshop.

☆Wow, it's another short one...sorry about that. Hope you're all having a good day though!!!
Love you all ☆