Chapter 9

"Eun." Chen called as Naeun passed by him.

"Oh, Chen."

"Hey, can we talk?"

"Umm…sure. Let’s just talk here. I'm in a hurry."

"Alright. Are you purposely avoiding me?"

"I didn't, why would you think so?"

"Stop lying, Naeun. I know you could not lie."

"Ani, I didn't lie."

"Is that so?" Chen took a step closer to Naeun. Naeun took a step back naturally.

"Of course." She answered, a bit stutter.

"I knew you're lying. Let’s end our friendship. I'm bored with it." Chen said and left. Naeun was shocked.

She never thought that her friendship with Chen would end like this. Just a simple things, could cause their friendship end.

She ran back to her class and sat down, avoiding every person. Tears were falling down but she doesn’t bother to wipe it away.

"Eun-ah…" Bomi called softly as she patted Naeun’s head. She witnessed everything, and she was disappointed in Chen.

"How could he treat you like this? I'm going to talk to him." Bomi said angrily and walked away.

Sehun was worried about Naeun. There are many things happen around her recently, and he's afraid that she couldn’t handle it. He wanted to help her, but he can't.

Chanyeol and D.O who just entered the class was curious what happened to Naeun. Naeun rarely cry. This is the first ever time they saw her cry. Bomi then entered the class again and angrily stomped her way to Chanyeol with Eunji behind her.

Eunji hugged Naeun and patted her back, while Bomi explained everything to Chanyeol and D.O.

"So…Chen said their friendship ended. He's really ridiculous." Bomi shook his head.

"I can't believe him. I thought he likes Naeun?" Chanyeol asked.

"He moved on."

"Since when?"

"Not sure, we just knew it two weeks ago." Bomi replied and looked at Naeun sadly.

Eunji was hugging Naeun, telling her to stop crying.

"I'll talk to him, Eun. You shouldn’t be treating by him like this."

"It's okay, Ji. If he wanted to end our friendship, just end it." Naeun answered. She knew that the moment Chen decided something, it couldn’t be change already. He is really stubborn.

--

Chen's feelings for Wendy were getting stronger as days pass. But he still couldn’t forget Naeun completely. He can't forget her. He knew it all gone wrong when he decided to not befriend with her.

He knew that it would hurt her really much, but he didn't care much, because he's trying to forget Naeun.

Deep down inside, he wanted to slap himself.

"Hey, Chen Chen-ah." Kris called.

"Bwoya?"

"I'm your hyung."

"Tsk…just older than me by a few months."

"So, I heard you ended your friendship with Naeun."

"Wow that news spread quite quickly." Chen chuckled and replied bluntly.

"She doesn’t deserve that! How could you treat her like this? I thought the two of you are best friends!" Kris scolded.