Chapter 10: Daytime Liquor

Here's an update. Was letting a few reads accumulate before publishing this as well as the comments. I hope you enjoy this chapter!

----------------------------------------

*Dmitri’s Point-of-View*

            I stretched upwards as I woke up from my sleep. Surprise, surprise; I woke up in my own bed though. Despite me dancing last night, I did not go home with a stranger like I normally did. Just wasn’t feeling it last night for some reason. And the shit was crazy since I knew Yvonne had interrupted me when I was getting some good head from Andre. I rolled my eyes at the thought and grab my phone off the nightstand to see what time it is.

“Damn…” I mumbled as I saw I slept in till 2pm. My attention then went to my notification center in my phone to see I had an iMessage from Brooke, saying she wanted to hang out today. To be honest, I wasn’t feeling too up to it but I went on and messaged her to let her know I’d pick her up in an hour.

            I slowly got out my bed, heading straight into the bathroom to pee. After that, I just quickly hopped in the shower, not even having my towel with me but oh well. I was groggily as hell and was irritable and kind of sexually frustrated. Those things did not go well together, but I just pushed the thoughts away as I finished getting cleaned up. My phone started ringing and I quickly shook my hands a bit and grabbed my phone off the sink next to the shower to answer.

“What?” I answered annoyed.

“Well damn, what crawled up your ass?” Yvonne answered back.

“Fuck you. Whatcha want?” I asked rolling my eyes. “And where is your black ass at?”

“Classic Dmitri. I’m just letting you know that I’m out with Trevor in case you woke up wondering.” She replied, laughing.

“Why are you with Trevor? Y’all was just at each other’s throats yesterday and interrupted my good head.” I asked sighing.

“Nigga shut your ass up! We decided to talk last night like adults, I guess. Then we made plans to chill today. And FYI, you didn’t have to stop receiving your head just because of Trevor and I.” Yvonne stated.

“With y’all slamming doors and shit, I think it would’ve been pointless to continue through that.” I said nonchalantly, turning off the shower with my free hand.

“Whatever. But what was that about anyway? Last time I heard, you told me you didn’t bring niggas home.”

“Girl, don’t worry about that.” I said, thinking about Andre being here yesterday. I still asked myself how I let that happen. Shit, who am I kidding? He was trying to be a freak, so who am I to turn down sex?

“OK Dmitri, I see you. But I’ll let you get back to what you’re doing. I’ll be home later.” Yvonne said.

“Alright.” I replied before hanging up and stepping out the shower. I got dressed, just slipping into something chill for the day. I wouldn’t be dancing at a club again until Friday, so I would have a lot of free time for the next few days. After making sure I looked presentable, I headed out my apartment and got into my raggedy car and went on to Brooke’s house to pick her up.

            Brooke got in the car looking real cute I guess. She smiled at me and I smiled back…sort of?

“So where do you want to go?” I asked, checking myself out in the rearview mirror.

“I don’t know, I just want to hang out somewhere.” She answered. I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh.

“OK Bee…I guess we can chill at a park.” I said weakly. I couldn’t believe that she had no suggestion of where to go yet wanted to hang out. Brooke nodded at my suggestion and I drove off, heading to a park. Once we got there, we walked over to a shaded area away from all the loud ass kids who were out enjoying the summer. We took a seat underneath a tree and Brooke instantly starting bombing me with questions.