Chapter: 85 "Goodbye, Father."

Start from the beginning

Another crap about how he wanted the people united and all that other crap. It was getting on my nerves and I swung him into a barrel. Finally, he was getting worn out as he got back up again. Swinging his sword at me and I block, but as we went for each other again. A canon came right in the middle and toss us away. We both grunted from the impact and I was struggling to get up this time. I crawled over to my father and said, "Surrender and I will spare you."

"Brave words from a man who was about to die." My father gave me a look as he raises his hand, but to my surprise. He froze as I look up to see my loved one there putting the blade into his back and making him arch to see who the murderer of him was. She growled out, "This ends now, Haytham." 

I put my blade into his throat and we both toss him to the side, as she had to catch herself before falling onto the ground as well. Still injured as all of us were. I could barely see Benjamin sitting against the wall as he was waiting for us. I was so happy and relieved to see her. She came over to me and help me up from the ground even though, she could barely stand up on her own feet, but somehow we managed to make it work as we push ourselves to our feet. I wrapped my arms around her and held her close to me. She did the same even though she was shaking and probably injured as she needs to get look at immidately. 

We all do.

In my language, I spoke, "Goodbye, father."

With that being said, I took Rosemary away from there along with Benjamin and we got the hell out of there. 

*(*

Rosemary's POV:

I was sitting there in our room and staring out the window as the rain pour. My side was bandage and my forearms were too. I didn't realize how badly we were injured until we saw the medical doctor. He said that we were lucky enough to be alive and to survive our injuries. It was getting so close now. Not only Charles Lee is the last one, but my time here is up. Any day now, I should be returning if I want to or if I have a choice. Just by sitting here wasn't going to get me anywhere, but I didn't move. Everything felt real and alive. Connor was actually alive and I have been learning his language. Slowly, I have. 

I am still having trouble pronouncing his real name, but he told me that I will get it soon and that it's foreign to a tongue like mine. It wasn't that foreign at all. It was only the native tongue. Now, Achilles was on his last moments now. I should be there with him, but I couldn't face him. Not knowing that I have to see him die right there. Knowing that I will be torn out of Connor's world soon. That I will be more than likely returning to my time. That all of this would have been nothing, but a dream. Nothing more than that. My sadness struck me deep inside of me as I knew that it was going to be any day now, but yet I wept. 

My cries were silent as Connor came in and he didn't move, but spoke, "Achilles is gone now..."

The terrible news that we have all been waiting for. I place my face into my hands as the grief overcame. Not from losing Achilles, but knowing that I will soon be gone too. That I will leave these lands and go back to mine. That I will be no longer here. Not with him. At least I don't think I can be with him, but I don't know if I have a choice. Now, Achilles is gone and Connor slowly came over to me. He sat down on the bed next to me and pulled me into his lap. Rocking me back and forth while rubbing my back in a soothing way. Even though, Achilles was a little rocky, to begin with. He still acts as if he were a grandfather to me and Connor. I will always remember him.

Connor murmured, "He told me to tell you, that he knows and that he wishes you well."

Everything stiffens in my body as my eyes snapped up to Connor's beautiful brown sad eyes as he gazes down at me, "What does he mean by that, Rosemary?" 

I was going to tell him right there about me coming from another world that I am not of this place. That he wouldn't be losing Achilles, but for me as well. Farther into the future like hundred and fifty years later or something recently close to that. As I open my mouth to tell him even with my tear-streak cheeks, Benjamin had interrupted us once again. "I need help, Connor." Even his voice was soft.

"Later, Connor. I will tell you later." I murmured softly to him. 

He nodded and press a soft kiss against my lips before sitting me on the bed. Kissing my cheek before he got up to help Benjamin. I don't even want to know what Benjamin needed help on and I stay in the room. Deciding to lay down as I needed all the rest I can before the final battle. Before I was sent home to my own world and that Connor will no longer see me. 

This sucks.

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! <3