Chapter: 53 Disastrous

Chapter: 53

Rosemary's POV:

I arrive in Boston shortly and the sun was now setting over the horizon. I tied up the horse to a post before making my way up the street of Boston. It was much easier for me to remember now and I have been here countless of times. I'm surprised that I can't remember such thing. I was curious in how Benjamin was doing with his grandmother as well. My only worries were Connor and if he would yell at me for adventuring into Boston all by myself. He wasn't there anywhere, plus I had told Norris and Myriam. 

They were my messengers to Connor whenever he decides to show up again. A feeling of dread enter me and I knew the feeling quite well. My stomach began to twist into knots as I recognized someone watching me, but it slowly disappeared when I turn around to look around. There was people mingling and some were rioting about their rights against the The British Crown, but I didn't see anyone looking at me. I brush the concern off and continue to walking down the street. It must be my imagination playing tricks on me. There was no possible way that there was someone watching me. I had no proof of that, but I will keep to myself. 

It wasn't far when I had arrive at the tavern, but something was extremely wrong. The barrels in the front were knock over as if someone had shove someone into them. The feeling of dread return to me, but it wasn't from being watch this time. It was for Benjamin and his grandmother. My feet walk over to the door and I quickly open the door in one swift movement. My eyes widen to see tables and chairs turn over. Some of the chairs were broken in half and the others had their legs ripped off of them. The counter was destroyed and the shelves in the back had glass everywhere. My eyes went to the stairs, but I didn't hear any movement up there at all. 

I was nervous and I didn't know what to do in this situation, but I know one thing. Benjamin and his Grandmother must be in here somewhere. If they're still here, then I will have to look for clues on the way out of the tavern. I carefully move through the wreckage and scan the area for any clues on to where Benjamin could be with his grandmother. I didn't know what to really look for, but my ears did pick something up from the back. Before I could move over to the countertop and into the back, the door swung open once again. There were men with muskets and one of them shouted "That's her! Get her!" 

Ahhh shit! 

*****************************************************

Connor's POV: 

I was on my way back to the homestead and night was coming rather quickly then I had expected. Rosemary was on my mind and a small smile cross my lips. She must be worry about me and I didn't mean to talk so long. My friend had saw me and we talk for a while. I didn't realize how late it was until night had fallen on that day. Now, she must be furious with me. A slight chuckle escape from me and I couldn't wait to see her expression. Everything had been quiet so far, but that doesn't mean something won't happen sooner than later. 

Everything was quiet in the homestead and I look around noticing the inn was rather full tonight. I stop my horse and hoist myself down from the saddle. I took my horse's reins and walk up to the inn with my horse. I tied the reins to the post outside of the inn before going inside. There was full of laughter and clinking of mugs being brought together. My eyes scanned the area, but I didn't Rose at all. My stomach twisted with worry and I spot Myriam with Norris dancing around. My feet move over to them and they notice me "Connor, welcome back!" 

I nodded my head to them "Have you guys seen Rose?" 

"Was it earlier, dear that we saw her?" Norris asked Myriam. 

"Yes, it was. She went to Boston to see if Benjamin needed any help there with his Grandmother." She answered with a tipsy smile at me. 

I shook my head letting out a heavy sigh "All right. Thank you. I'll head into town."