Chapter 10 - Watch Your Mouth

Zoe POV

I stare at her, waiting for her to answer. Her face surprisingly  looked a little embarrassed, since she has never really shown much emotion anyways.

"Why are you asking this?" She stutters, just a little, still speaking in a cold tone.

I shrug and look at the back wall.

"I'm just a little curious, I mean, with the way he looks at you..."

Before I could say anymore, She walks over to me and puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Its complicated."

Erica looks at me, her eyes saddening slightly.

I stare at Erica, unsure of what to say. I really do like Ben, and I have always wondered why Ben would ever have a crush on someone like Erica, but maybe, I just don't know Erica that well. Maybe Ben knows something I don't.

"You can always talk to me Erica," I say to her.

Confused, she lifts her head up.

"And why would I ever need to talk to you?"

Okay, that was kind of a rude comment. I shrug it off, trying to focus on Erica.

"I mean, we're both girls... And maybe we can talk more about, you know, feelings."

Erica raises her eyebrow.

"Do you just want to talk to me because you have a crush on Ben?"

I gag.

"No! That is so not true."

Erica rolls her eyes.

"Please, its so obvious. The way you look at Ben and talk to him just gives it all away. I overheard you both talking about it too."

If I was able to see myself in the moment, my face would have probably look flushed red. I cover my face with my hands, then look at Erica again.

"You still haven't answered my question though, do you like Ben?"

I watch as Erica looks up at the ceiling, like she's thinking.

"If I have to answer, I mean, Ben isn't the most unattractive guy, he is pretty smart in his own ways, he is still kind of an idiot though. He is not very good at cleaning his room either..."

Erica looks back down on me. I make googly eyes at her.

"Hey, shut up."

She shoves me a little, then gives out a little laugh. It is kind of weird hearing Erica laugh, the fact that I have never heard her laugh before. Right after that one laugh though, her expression returns serious. She starts walking back towards the door.

"You should now get some rest Zoe, we have a mission ahead of us."

And with that, Erica was gone. I place my hand on the shoulder Erica had held onto. Hey, maybe Erica isn't as bad as I thought. I guess Ben really does see something in her.

Ben POV

Class? When did an evil organization ever give out free classes? Honestly at this point, this place really does remind me of the SPYDER base, only that this place you don't get any fancy dinning or room. Sleeping in this place sucked, the beds are as hard as rock. I get out of bed and walk over to the bathroom. I use the water from the sink to try to tidy up my hair and wash the dirt off of my skin. It isn't the best with knowing the water probably isn't very clean, but the only thing I had at the moment.

"Are you done yet Ben? FLAME is already here." I hear Ace holler.

Already? Can FLAME just give a person some peace. I dampen my face with some water, trying not to think of all the ways I could possibly die in this cell, (trust me, I've been thinking about it for some time).