Chapter 22

I know it's been a while and this update is short but I finally got to update. Work has been hectic, I only got one day off and that was the day I had school -_-
A lot of this chapter focuses more on V and brings up another question but I'll let you read to see.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 “So how have you been princess?”

I could only smile not even knowing how to explain the range of emotions that only V could bring out of me. Thankfully I didn’t have to. Aria grabbed my arm and started to pull me away from the living room that my uncle and cousin were in.

“We need girl talk first.” I just shrugged my shoulders as I allowed Aria to pull me away, dragging Alexandra with me. She is a girl after all.

Aria took me to my old room and instantly started talking when the door was closed. “Alright, you have a lot of explaining missy. Who was that?”

I couldn’t help but break out a face splitting grin at her enthusiasm. I mean the last she did see of me I was a weird small premature girl who couldn’t cope with having boobs. Now I’m running around holding and kissing hands with someone as intimidating as V.

“Explaining indeed.”

I divulged everything to her. About how we met, my previous doubts of him being my mate, his marking me, the friction he had with the males in my family so far, and how I think we are becoming closer.

“Wow. So our sweet little demonic Cassie just so happens to be mated to arguably the most ruthless alpha in America. Man our wolves really know how to pick’em.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

Aria could only chuckle before she explained. “Well alphas are a right piece of work to deal with. You get one that’s on the top of the food chain it’s even worse. Thankfully you can dish it out as well as it’s given.”

I started to play with my fingers as she said that. I usually could dish it out as good as I got, probably even better. With V it was a different story. I was a different person around him. I can’t explain it.

“You better be making his life a living hell.”

“Yeah right. He’s an ass and gets a pass while the rest of us suffer her wrath.” If looks could kill, Alexandra would be dead right now.

“I just…I don’t know. I just want him to be happy and to want me is all.” The silence I got from both of them told me that they understood.

“I know what you mean and it’s a phase. Just don’t make that phase longer than it needs to be okay?” I nodded with a weak smile as I thought about what Nick told me before. Was I really losing myself by being with V?

“Can I ask a question?” I looked up at Alexandra and knew she was asking Aria and not me.

“Sure what is it?” Alexandra fiddled with her short blonde hair, something I’ve never seen her do before. “If your mate had a pup before you met him, would you still be with him.”

I felt a pang in my chest when she even spoke the words. I felt extremely guilty that she was going through this.

“I would be hurt and upset but if I loved him, yes I would be with him.” I watched as the pain flickered over Aria’s eyes.

They were trying for a baby of their own and after the conversation I had with my mom, I knew how hard it really was.

“No baby yet?” She shook her head at me as she took in a shaky breath. “Currently the pup is on the back burner.”