Danger Arises

"What are you doing her Vlad?" Kanade asked still with an angry look on his face."Oh I thought I'd come and visit and see how you all are doing little badger" Vlad answered. Before he could answer back, Shin placed his hand onto Kanade's shoulder stopping him from saying anything that he could regret.

"Hello sir, my name is Shin" he said reaching out his hand toward the taller man.

"Nice to meet you, you seem like a nice boy" Vlad replied shaking his hand.

"We should get the others up, Junya said he wanted to start up with the training regiment again today" Shin recommended to Kanade.

With that, Kanade nodded and the two of them headed up the stairs leaving Vlad in the living room confused as to what Shin had said.

Reaching the bedroom, they saw Junya and the others getting ready to train.

"Well what are you two standing around for, get ready so we can go start our morning run" Junya said pulling down his shirt. "Sorry, my parents friend from college was just talking with us for a bit" Kanade told him.

After they all finished getting changed, the five of them started their run.

~ 1 hour later ~

At the end of the run, they reached the local park across the street from Casper High. A few minutes later while the other four started to do chin ups on the bars at the park's playground, Kanade sat on a nearby bench lost in thought with an angry but also confused look on his face which Shin quickly noticed.

"Guys I will be right back, just going to check on Kanade" Shin told the others walking towards him.

Walking up to Kanade, Shin sat on the bench beside him which made him jump and look toward his friend.

"You alright?" Shin asked placing his hand on Kanade's shoulder.

"Just thinking" he responded looking back down at his hand.

"Are you thinking about that man from earlier?" Shin questioned.

Kanade nodded

"If Vlad is here then something bad is gonna happen, I just know it" Kanade told Shin then continued on. "And with my powers barely working or not working at all makes the situation even worse, I just don't know what to do when the problem comes".

Kanade then started to shake with fear in his eyes, but stopped when he felt Shin's hands on top of his, so he looked up to see him with a serious look on his face.

"Kanade your not alone, you have me, the guys, Tucker and Sam and even your sister, we are all here for you" Shin told him.

Feeling reassured, Kanade smiled.

"Kana-chan, Shin-kun! Watch Out!!" Chizuru yelled.

The two turned around seeing a purple ecto beam being shot in their direction. They quickly jumped from the park bench and started running toward the others but they were too slow. The ecto beam hit the bench splitting it into two as it hurdled toward Shin and Kanade hitting them on the way to the ground.

"Kanade, Shin!!!" all three boys yelled running toward the two.

"Wake up, Shin please wake up" Junya said holding Shin unconscious in his arms.

"Kanade stay awake, keep your eyes open" Itsuki said sitting up Kanade.

Out of it, Kanade looked at his friend and then looked up in the sky seeing Plasmius floating above with another ghost beside him who he could not make out. Having a hard time staying  conscious he heard Vlad start talking.

"This is only the beginning my boy, more havoc will reign down on Amity Park in the coming days. Let this be a warning to everyone" Plasmius warned.

Having one more look at his wicked grin, Kanade fell unconscious.

~~~~ A few days later ~~~~

Slowly opening his eyes, Kanade saw Jazz looking down at him as well as holding his hand.

"Oh Danny thank goodness" Jazz said

"What happened?" Kanade asked

"You have been unconscious for the last 8 days" Jazz replied.

"I'll be right back, I need to tell the doctor and the others that your awake" Jazz continued.

Letting go of his hand Jazz stood from the chair and left the room, leaving him to reminisce about what happened. The words Vlad said before he went unconscious a few days ago played in his head.

"Just what does he have planned?" he thought to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short chapter I know, but the upcoming chapters will be longer I promise!!