The Start of a New Year

~ in Bold is them talking in Japanese

"Well time to get up" Danny Said pushing himself off of his bed. Once he stood up, Danny walked over to his bedroom window and opened it feeling the nice morning breeze and seeing the clear blue skies and birds chirping. After having a few minutes of fresh air, he then decided it was time he should start getting ready for the day.

He thought to himself that he should wear something different for a change instead of his usual outfit he wears. He decided to wear a white sweater with red lines around the top of the sleeves, a pair of black skinny jeans, red high-tops and a red plaid jacket tied around his waist. Feeling happy with his appearance, he quickly brushed his raven black hair to rid of his bed head. After finishing getting ready, Danny headed downstairs to the smell scrambled eggs and bacon.

"Mmm, smells great Jazz" Danny said sitting down at the kitchen table, "Well thank you little brother" she replied with a smile, "But you better eat up, don't want to be late for school" Jazz continued on while placing a plate in front of him, then sat down at the table across from him and started to eat her breakfast.

"And i'm liking the new clothes Danny" Jazz said noticing his change in clothing, "Thanks I just thought I would change it up instead of wearing the same old thing everyday" Danny replied with a smile, "Well I think it looks great" Jazz said as the both of them finished their eggs and bacon. After finishing breakfast, Danny took both of their plates and cutlery then started to wash them as well as the frying pan and Jazz started to dry them. Not long after that, the siblings heard a knock at the door so Danny went to answer it since Jazz was still drying the dishes. Opening the door revealed his best friends on the other side. Right away his friends noticed his change of clothes and smiled with approval. "You ready to go?" Sam asked, "Sure am, just let me grab my bag" Danny replied leaving his friends at the door to grab his school bag from the kitchen. "I'll see you later Jazz" Danny said while grabbing his bag, "Have a good day you three" Jazz said as Danny ran out the door and closing it behind him.

Walking down the street heading to school, Sam and Danny thought it would be a fun idea to race to school since it has been there tradition to see who could make it there first. They started to sprint toward the school leaving Tucker behind them.

"I guess i'll meet you guys at school" Tucker yelled since Danny and Sam were already pretty far away from him.

*10 minutes later*

Danny had already reached their destination 2.5 minutes prior to Sam. "Three years in a row" Danny said with a smile as Sam stood up from the grass after she collapsed there in exhaustion. "Well you have the stamina with those ghost powers of yours" Sam complained still panting from the long run.

Right when Sam said that Danny froze.

For the past month his powers have been starting to fail on him, he has been having a hard time transforming and even his powers won't work half the time. But luckily for him ghosts haven't been attacking for the past few weeks. The only thing that still works as it should is his ghost sense he knows this because the past couple of weeks Clockwork has been coming to visit Danny trying to figure out what was happening to him, because even Clockwork does not understand since for some reason he cannot see Danny's future anymore.

Danny hasn't told Sam, Tucker and Jazz yet, he doesn't know how he should break the news to them. The more they bring up his powers to him, the harder it is on him to tell them what is happening.

After standing there for a couple more minutes, Tucker made it finally. Then they walked inside the school together. Just as they walked into the school, the warning bell rang telling everyone it is time to head to class. Going their separate ways, Danny had Japanese, Sam and Tucker had Business but they all had Music together second period.