17

THE NEXT DAY

"Katerina you said you will go."

"And I will Elijah-"

"So then leave!"

"Niklaus I will! I can I just say something to Damon?"

"He isn't here right now."

"Oh he is I heard his heartbeat when he came home late last night."

Elijah nods taking Katherine upstairs leaving Klaus with a scowl on his face. You could see his eyes were not the blue-green their known to be, instead they are bright yellow.

Elijah focus and hears a heartbeat on the other side, 'so she is right he is home'. He knocks on the door and after a few seconds it opens but quickly shuts it.

"Damon open the door Katerina has something to say before she is off to leave."

"Go away."

Katherine sighs and rolls her eyes grabbing the doorknob she breaks the lock seeing the door swing wide open. Damon was standing in the middle of the room with a blank face on as they walk in.

"I said go away."

"Well sometimes people don't listen deal with it."

"What do you want?"

"I came to say I'm sorry before I go."

Damon scoffs turning his head to the right before looking back at both of them, he sees Elijah with a serious face on and Katherine with weakness showing all over her face.

"Yeah right."

He walks pass them but Elijah sticks his arm out stopping Damon in the process, Damon turns his head and looks at Elijah. He regretted it that moment because he felt every thought in his mind go away and everything go blank, his eyes getting small then big like he was on drugs.

"You will listen to what she has to say and once she is done go back to how you were."

Damon nods and turns his body to face Katherine giving her his full attention waiting for her to speak. Katherine nods at Elijah before looking at Damon and let all her walls come down for just this moment.

"Damon in 1864 I met you and Stefan and I thought I fell for both of y'all, when I found out you didn't like me back I didn't care what you thought or felt only what I did. Which was if I can't have you no one can so I compelled you to love me, then you met Elijah and Niklaus and they broke that compulsion. And now I came back to have Elijah for myself like Hayley wants Niklaus and Elena wants you and Stefan for herself. Before I go I want to say I am truly sorry for what I did and I want you to feel for you only do what you want to do no one else got it?"

Damon nods and with that the compulsion goes away he sees Elijah walk away out the door and Katherine follow but she stops before turning around saying.

"If your looking for Hayley she's in the apartment 5109 on the other side of town, thought you should know."

She winks before actually going down the stairs leaving hearing the door shut he watches her walk away from his window until she was out of sight. He zooms downstairs and pushes Elijah against the wall making some pictures fall.