Chapter One: Times Are Tough

My wife and I just went bankrupt and I don't know how we'll support our three daughters, Maggie, Ruby and Scarlett. We live in near no stores and we have to drive our daughters 30 miles away to get to there school, it was far but the farm was only $745. Anyways, we make a living off of selling eggs, milk, meat and fruits. I think you can tell that we have a farm. Recently, we haven't been getting much business and I think that it is strange.

About 3 years ago, business was better then ever! Getting around $500-700 a day, we were kind of rich. We of course spent the majority of our money on the kids since that's what is most important, but now there is nothing to spend. I checked my bank account online and saw that my balance was at $5.46. That's enough to last us um...less than a day. So I started researching survival tips and tricks, I needed to know these before my balance is at $0.00. Honestly, my family and I are going to start living in the forest, but before this (since we are getting evicted in two days) I have to go on a mission, through the forest and find new things and think so when the thunder hits, we are okay.

I walked outside and started petting my champion horse, Red. Red is older now, he is 32, about half passed done. He's trained and he has a baby named Freddie with his "wife" Suzy, now. I know he isn't really a baby, but he is to them. When hell breaks loose, we will have to ride these horses.

I feel like a terrible parent for not notifying my children about our bankruptcy. They need to know by today. It will be hard to understand for Ruby since she is only 6, by Scarlett is 12 and Maggie is 14, they will take it badly but they won't be confused...well I hope not.