SHUCK FACE - Not as pretty as you

Start from the beginning

Your smirk widens and you send an elbow into his side. "Alright, shuck, alright."

"Stop flirting, both of you!" A gnarly voice snaps from outside and you whirl around to face the source of the sound.

It's a skinny boy with an unruly mop of black hair, caved in chest and a nose shaped like a potato. "We're not-" you start saying but Minho clears his throat, interrupting you.

"Why, Gally?" He tilts his chin up defensively, a sneer playing on his lips. "So you can come here and take over the job?"

"Get your shuck mouth out now." Gally sneers. Minho rolls his eyes and walks away, letting one of his shoulders crash into Gally's as he storms past.

"Attitude." Gally scoffs. "He's been in a bad mood since I stopped him from running."

You don't understand. "Running? Like running around?"

"No. Maze running."

You're absolutely boggled. Gally senses your confusion. "Don't worry, I'll bring you to Alby. He'll explain everything."

You walk in silence to a small cluster of boys and out of the corner of your eye, you see Minho wandering over to lounge on a rock near the bonfire, glaring daggers at you the whole way.
Rude.

His face is lit by the warm glow of the fire and boy does he look hot.

Gally grabs a shoulder of one of the boys, the one with the deep voice and dark skin. He turns around and fixes you with an eerie smile. "This is Alby." Gally tells you. "And Alby, this is Greenie. Don't worry, Greenie, you'll remember your name soo-"

"-_________." You tell them, resisting the urge to roll your eyes.

Gally nods curtly and walks off, hands laced together behind his back. Alby gestures in the direction away from the bonfire and you follow him as he makes his way around. "Down here at the glade, everything is simple. You do your part, don't ever hurt another glader and never go beyond those walls." He jerks his thumb at the huge walls surrounding the 'glade' and you marvel at them as both of you get nearer.

"These walls are so high." You look around and bite your lip. "We're trapped in here, aren't we?"

"Not exactly." Alby's face is grim. "The walls open every morning. The maze runners, as we call them, run the maze every day, mapping it out, trying to find a way of escape."

"But I thought you said we can't go beyond-"

"That applies to greenies." He tells you. "Everyone has a job. The runners have the riskiest job. nobody wants to be a runner. Minho, that Asian kid over there? The one who caught you when you fell over just now? He's the keeper of the runners. Overall in charge. Nobody messes with him. Except Gally, of course. Gally messes with everyone."

"So. You and Alby looked pretty tight."

"OH MY GOSH." You clap a hand to your chest and whirl around to face Minho, who's suddenly appeared out of nowhere from behind the door of the infirmary. "What the hell are you doing in here, hiding behind doors?"

Minho gives you a look that implies your stupidity, holding up a hammer and a few screws. "I'm fixing it, shuck face. Not that you'd know anything about fixing doors..."

"Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't fix doors, you sexist... Shuck."

Minho looks down at you with a straight face. His hair is the tiniest bit messed up, but it's still in its sexy upward sweep. "What did Alby say?"