When I opened my eyes, I noticed people were still dancing but no longer very close to us. And some were looking behind me, at something on the ground. I turned around with wide eyes and a shaky breath.

“Stephano!” I shrieked. He was on the man, landing punches on every part of the man’s body that his hands could find. The man was not moving and he was covered in blood. His face was barely recognizable, with blood clothing different parts of his now purple face.

“Stephano, please. You’ll kill him.” I screamed. He didn’t respond, just kept punching him. The sound of the music probably drowned out my voice. I went around him and hugged his back.

Stephano tried to shrug me off but I held on tighter. “It’s me. It’s okay, please.” He resumed his assaults.

“Stephano, please. I’m fine.” I cried in worry and he stopped. His chest was heaving as I got off him, worry clouding my features.

“He tried to- to do that Kara. Fuck, I won’t stop until I know he’s dead!” He roared and was about to resume when I held his shoulders firmly.

“He got the message Stephano. You ruined his face and he’ll always scare people when he tries to even move close. I think that’s enough. Please.”

He looked up at me, and then smacked his lips on mine while getting on his feet. I pulled him towards the exit but Stephano suddenly stopped and took fast strides to the man.

“Steph-” I gasped as the words died on my lips when I watched him do what he had on his mind. He stomped his foot on the man’s pants, just where his manhood was supposed to be. After repeating the action five times, his shoulder slumped and he looked satisfied with his work. No one was focusing on us. It was more as if doing this was a normal occurrence in this club.

We walked away from the dance hall and freakishly loud music banging into our eardrums but it reduced with each step we took. Stephano bumped into someone so I apologized on his behalf because he didn’t think there was a need to apologize to the person.

“This wouldn’t have happened in an exclusive club Kara. But no, you wanted to go to a random one with less reviews and feel like a normal person. I hope you feel very normal now!” He pulled me through the exit and slammed the door shut, ignoring the bouncer who nodded. He released my hand immediately. There were bodyguards following us ever since we arrived in Dubai but they never came close and only watched over us from afar.

The cold slammed against my face and I sucked in a harsh breath. My arms were exposed, so I rubbed them with my two hands crossed over my chest while Stephano stormed towards the car.

I was still shaken, so I just kept quiet while he scolded me. When I got to the car, my hands were still trembling. I opened the door and got in without saying a word.

“Kara?”

“Hmm?”

He turned around and stared intently at me. Then pulled at his hair and groaned. I watched his upper arm muscle flex and quickly shook off the lustful thought out of my mind before it even surfaced.

“Fuck. This wasn’t your fault. I ruined this night for you...I shouldn’t have left you alone in there for too long. I’m sorry for not coming sooner. God knows what he would have done and crazy people were just dancing when such a horrible thing was happening.”

I kept quiet all through his rant.
“When I saw him moving in that motion, I saw red; the damn dick. I wanted to kill him in that place.” He opened the car door on my side and stood there, just looking at me.
I was sitting at the back seat, so I turned sideways to look at him.