Chapter 25

I listened to Ed Sheeran: How would you feel? And it went deep into my heart while writing this chapter.

Kara’s POV

*

              “Monica the bitch shouldn’t have put him off that way. He was almost without sight.” Adrian murmured agonizingly for the umpteenth time, squeezing a handful of popcorn into her mouth. I did an eye roll, totally fed up of her constant ramblings.

“It’s not that easy Adrie. If you were in her shoes, you could have done the same.”

“I wouldn’t have.”

I shrugged. “Well, we can’t say.”

“Ufff, please. Love is unconditional and it is blind!” She argued with wide eyes, as if wondering why I wasn’t seeing things from her own perspective.

“Isaac was also blind, or close to being totally blind. Two properties can’t be blind in a relationship now, can they?” I argued.

Propping herself up on the edge of the couch where she still sat, she grumbled. “That’s not the kind of blindness that it meant. Love is blind in the sense that it doesn’t count your inabilities or condemn you. Neither will it fail due to lack in the other person’s disability or ill manners. You overlook all that.” Adrian exasperatedly explained.

I knew this movie meant so much to her but I was so sick and tired of her firing judgments upon judgments at the girl.

So, what if Monica didn’t want her blind boyfriend anymore? She had the right to do whatever she liked.

Love was loyal. Monica wasn’t in love, so she wasn’t loyal. End of discussion.

Obviously she’d only liked Isaac because he was handsome and he cherished her. She didn’t like him in a way that would scream commitment when their love got tested.

“Preach babe, preach!” I taunted.

Adrian heaved a tired sigh and her eyes began to turn glossy, making me sober up a bit. This was just a story that John Green came up with and she was here, tearing up. I could swear she had watched the movie a million times before and she knew each and every line by heart now.

“Alright, let’s see it from this angle. Take for instance, if Shawnie turns into something ugly, or maybe gets into an accident, rendering him an amputee-”

She was already jumping off the couch, with her heart slicing glare directed at me. “Heaven forbids! Not my boyfriend!” She exclaimed with a murderous expression.
Well, that was easier said than done. She didn’t want that for her boyfriend but wanted someone else to accept a blind boyfriend, especially one she obviously didn’t love.

Had it been that Monica loved Isaac, she wouldn’t have even considered leaving him in the first place. The thought alone would have made her feel guilty, without even truly dumping him.

“You see, I don’t blame Monica and see no reason why so many people should-” Our dorm door creaked open and our gazes snapped towards it.

I slowly turned towards Adrian, my glower already slicing through her whole body. She looked at me apologetically and gave me a sheepish grin, knowing she was supposed to have locked the door, being the last person to come in a while ago.

“Are you girls still arguing about that girl in ‘The fault in our stars?” Barbara asked as she popped her head in. She was also an economic student and lived in the dorm room two doors away.

I sighed.

Adrian on the other hand, suddenly looked like she was ready for a fight if Barbara didn’t support her strong motion which stated, ‘Monica is evil’.