Chapter 55

Stephano’s POV

*
            Benito heaved a sigh before me, nodding as I finished my shorter version of the issue with Kara. He shook his head and I looked at my fingers, noticing they were longer than I’d I imagined them to be. I didn’t even look at myself or observe my features for too long, so no one was to be blamed. I’ve always been busy making my money.

“And she left....”

“And she left.” I repeated. I just didn’t get it. You couldn’t just leave someone because they were always caring for you and watching out.

If Kara thought I would have stayed and watch her banter for so long about that Gonzalo guy, then she had something else coming. Also, I had my reasons for what I did to him. I tried her number for the umpteenth time but it was still unreachable.

Benito murmured something and I did an eye roll, not that I needed his opinion but whatever.

“Why exactly are you here?” I asked in slight annoyance, scowling at him. I didn’t need anyone’s company at the moment.

“I saw it on the news and-”

“That’s not what I asked you. Why did you come here?”

“You didn’t look too good to be left alone man and besid-”

“Get out.”

His mouth parted as he worried his lips. I’d never shared my relationship bits with anyone and wouldn’t start that now. Even my mother knew not to involve herself because whenever I needed an honest opinion, then I would ask. At the moment, Kara was only being childish.

“Be nice man. Your girlfriend just broke up with you and-”

I balled my hands into a fist. Kara didn’t break up with me. She could, would never break up with me. The thought of her breaking up with me alone made my head hurt even though I knew that wasn’t the case.

“Get. Out. Benito.” I gritted slowly, losing my patience. I needed a good sleep. I would think clearly tomorrow.

“Fine. But I think you should give her some time, you know. Women can be dramatic sometimes, it might just be her time of the month.” I nodded and swallowed the bile at the back of my throat. Picking my phone, I went through my sent texts to confirm they’d been delivered even though there was no response.

Stephano:~ *Where are you Kara?!*

Stephano:~ *Fuck, talk to me!*

Stephano:~ *Are you okay? At least let me know you’re home safely.*

I knew where she was, I just needed the assurance that she was safe there.

Sometimes, that girl needed some spanking. All the pampering she got from basically all of us, including her mother and her doting father had made her become a spoilt brat.

Stephano:~ *I’m coming over.*

She didn’t reply. I should have followed her to her apartment when she left. This was the first time I would be having something even relatively close to a fight with Kara and I couldn’t believe my ears when she had earlier said she was breaking up.

I would make sure she never broke up with me. Childish or not, she went out of the line this night. She always got jealous when a woman did as much as batting their eyelashes at me and then she would spend all day talking about Paul and some dumb Marcus Silicone or whatever he called himself.

Telling me how her day went and how this or that guy did this for her, as if that was what a man needed to hear. Picking my keys, I drove to her place.