6. awkward

Multiple loud voices woke me up from my slumber and my eyes opened large enough for me to realize who was in the living room. I dragged myself up from laying down and as I stretched my arms and legs out, I let out a loud groan.

"Morning." I heard and as I opened my eyes to look somewhat wide awake, I saw Jihyo, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu.

"Where's the other girls?" I looked around with furrowed brows as I got up, wrapping the blanket around me.

"They're just in their rooms." Chaeyoung answered and I nodded, walking to the kitchen where they were.

"Are you cold?" Tzuyu asked, looking at the blanket wrapped around me and I shook my head.

"It's just comfortable." I said and Tzuyu nodded before she walked over to the fridge.

"Why didn't you go to your room?" Jihyo asked and I approached the three of them at the kitchen. I leaned my arms on the counter as I watched her cook.

"I didn't want to disturb the two of them that late at night." I explained and she brought up a large metal spoon from the pot that she was cooking in.

"Taste it." She said, blowing some air on the soup to make it cooler.

"Sure," I shrugged before tasting it and smiled softly. "Is this?" I looked up at her with furrowed brows and a knowing smile. I looked down at full pot, it had the vinegar taste to it and I assumed it was sinigang.

"Yup, just for you." She said and leaned forward so her mouth was hovering over my ear.

"If you want to talk about it, we can go outside the dorm later." She muttered and I nodded before I went to go prepare the table for everyone. Then Jihyo called the girls to the table and a few minutes later, they all walked out. All of a sudden, I felt arms wrapped around my waist and I turned around.

"Where were you?" I looked up to see Momo and she kissed my forehead and I then looked back at Jihyo.

"I just slept on the couch after I came home, that's all." I said, turning my head back to Momo and Jihyo glanced at the others.

"She knows now guys." Jihyo revealed and the room turned silent.

"Knows what?" Momo asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"That Jihyo was in love with Y/N." Jeongyeon answered for Jihyo and Momo had this 'oh' look on her face.

"It wasn't that big of a deal right you guys? Now Jihyo is with Daniel! How great is that!" I faked a smile, trying to make some light in the situation.

"Y/N I don't think..." Jeongyeon looked at me and all nine of us looked over at Jihyo as she walked to the front door.

"I'll be outside. If anybody wants to talk to me, you'll know where to find me." Jihyo announced before leaving the room.

Turning to Nayeon and Jeongyeon with a worried look, Jeongyeon spoke up.

"Go." She told me and I got up immediately, tossing the blanket on the floor before grabbing a rain jacket.

"Jisoo eonnie!" I rushed out of the building and there I saw, standing beside the concrete wall, trying to hold her tears in. Despite how much I panted for air, I didn't care how out of breath I was and I walked to her.

"What." She responded, turning around and looked at me. Somehow, it was started to rain out too so that made it look like a drama.

"You forgot to bring a jacket." I said as I tossed the jacket to her. She caught the jacket before throwing it at me.

"Are you serious?" She furrowed her brows.

"Okay, you're mad." I said and she looked at me with wide eyes.

"That's all you say?!" She scowled at me. "You don't know how long I've waited Y/N. I loved you when you thought no one else did. You loved me when I thought no one else did. I saw everything that is good in the world inside of you and that made me fall in love with you. Why did you never see it?" She said walking up to me.

"Because I knew that there was someone better out there." I confessed and I noticed tears that started to form on the rim of her eyelids.

"I just wanted you, Y/N..." She sighed in defeat.

"And I wanted you to have someone better," I argued. "I don't deserve to have you."

"Yes, you do!" Jihyo exclaimed with frustration. "I was ready to give you everything, Y/N. I wanted to give you everything. Yet you threw it all away."

"Well now you gave everything to Daniel!" I yelled back and at this moment, I knew I fucked up everything.

All of a sudden, Jihyo grabbed my face and closed the gap between us. She planted her lips against mine and my eyes widened at the contact. I didn't pull away as I was too caught up in the moment and I cupped her cheeks. We stayed like that for a few seconds until we both started to move our heads. Everything about our kiss screamed passion and prolonging. The type of kiss a soldier would give their wife after having come back from a war. The tears that ran down her cheeks signified just how long she's waited for this. Somehow, this was both the worst and best time for us to finally have this moment. My right hand went down to her side, pulling her close and she pulled her hands away from my face and her arms wrapped around my neck. She leaned into me further and my lips parted slightly at how eager she was for this, giving her enough space to slip her tongue inside my mouth. Our bodies couldn't have been any closer and though my ears were nowhere near close enough to hear just how hard her heart was beating, our skin-to-skin contact allowed me to feel her.

Our kiss continued on for longer than I had expected and eventually enough, we calmed down as Jihyo slowly pulled away. I still could taste how salty were lips from the tears that she let out through our kiss. Her breath shuddered from the rain and she closed her eyes, leaning her forehead on mine. I opened my eyes and my mouth stayed agape. She cupped my cheeks again and I wrapped the rain jacket over her head and around her back.

"You do know I have to tell Daniel about this now right?" She spoke up, looking at me.

"Yeah.. don't worry, I hope he'll understand." I answered. For a second, I thought about what I said and grimaced. "Actually, just say I was the one who kissed you, I'd rather have him be mad at me."

We walked back the dorm and upon walking inside, we saw the others all eating and Jeongyeon looked over at us.

"Go take a shower you two." Jeongyeon said and we both nodded, with Jihyo going to a separate bathroom and so did I.

——

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the birthing suite of Nayeon's new and badass one of a kind birthday gift." I announced. Here I was, inside the company building, meeting with our managers and a few other idols who were friends with Nayeon. I wanted to get some opinions on my customized birthday gift for her so today was the best time for it.

Lifting the gift out of the cardboard box, it was a glass case, with a wooden base at the bottom and inside was a 1:1 scale replica of the arc reactor from the first Iron Man movie.

And on the metal ring, it had, 'Proof That Im Nayeon Has A Heart'. Yes it was cheesy- super cheesy but Nayeon always was bashed for being rude or being narcissistic, and I just wanted to show her that she's the complete opposite to that.

They all gave approving looks upon the reveal of the gift and I showed them the bottom of the wood panel.

'Made by Y/N L/N and Tony Stark' Then under the line was Robert Downey Jr.'s signature and they now looked even more excited for it.

"Do you think she'll love it?" I asked, looking up at Jinyoung as he walked up to the gift to examine it.

"She'll love it." He answered and patted my shoulder, oh by the way it was Got7's Jinyoung, not JYP.