Chapter 20 | A Couple Hours

Start from the beginning

"It's a very intricate piece isn't it"

I turned to the man beside me who also happened to ask that question only to find that it was Marc Jacobs!

"Marc?"

" Well, glad to know I'm not the only designer who comes in casually to a gallery" he said

I chucked, "No, you're definitely not."

Both of us went back to looking at the piece in front of us which displayed a child, detailed with multimedia using fabric and stitching along with some paint to compliment the work.

In the process, Marc leaned in a little close to my ear and whispered, "Do you also know that your fiance is behind us?"

I rolled my eyes upon his name and said, "Sadly, I do."

Marc scrunched his eyebrows in confusion and looked behind him as I didn't even dare to turn my head.

Then, he walked over towards him and left me to continue looking around on my own. As I did, I started getting a lot of ideas for potential projects and layouts. It was also part of the reason I even decided to come here.

Suddenly, catching me off guard, I felt someone take my hand and I gasped, looking up.

"Zane!"

"It was either Marc drags you over to me or I bring you myself."

"For what?" I looked back and forth between him and Marc.

"Oh for some brunch dear, what else?" Marc  responded.

***

"I would like..."

I zone out as soon as Marc started with his order. The waiter had already taken mine and Zane's so I decided to pull out my phone and reply to a few business emails that were coming in.

"Iman."

I turned to face Zane and see what he wanted.

"We're going to my office after this."

"What?" I questioned.

"We still need to talk." He handed his menu over along with mine, which gave me time to respond.

"Fine, but I'm only going to spare you 10 minutes to talk"

By the time we figured things out, the waiter had already left and Marc turned to look at the both of us.

"So, you two lovebirds, excited for the wedding? Are you even supposed to see each other before the wedding?"

We turned to look at each other and Zane decided to answer.

"There's no such thing as that with the culture we share Marc" he smiled, showing his perfect teeth.

"Oh well, I've got my invite and I custom made my suit so expect to see this dashing face at the venue"

I chuckled, "We won't want to miss it."

Just then, Zane's phone started ringing and he thought he was able to hide the caller ID from me but I saw Hamdan's name on it as he got up and excused himself.

I gave him a suspicious look while his back was faced towards Marc and I. But, decided not to think much about it. He would've picked the call up right in front of me unless it was something Marc wasn't able to hear...

"So, Marc, how are you and your wife?"

I started a conversation.

He placed his fork down and looked up at me doing a little eye roll to himself.