Chapter 10

Britta spent most of Sunday packing her luggage and cleaning the house. Small duties before departing for a week. Unplugging electricals and making a garbage run.

During that process, for whatever reason, Sabina called suggesting that she bring a costume, something sexy for cos-play.

Britta didn't know what the hell she was talking about, but still packed a costume—pastel blue princess dress that fits her short at the legs.

While she thinks of any last minute duties, the phone rings abruptly. Sabina. Probably calling to ask to pack for material. Stuff that she surely doesn't have like a ten inch dildo or something off like that.

Britta answers.

"How dare you? Just because you didn't have a chance with me, does not mean you can go around fucking other people's lives, you stupid bitch!"

Why did I pick up? Come on, we ended this shit.

"Don't speak to me like that, Wate. I have no idea what you're talking about." Britta says confused.

How dare I. Dare I what.

"Stop with the innocent game, bitch? Save the acting for someone else. What you did is messed up. I never hit you, and I promise on your mother's life and to your fucking God, I will fuck you up for embarrassing me at the club."

Britta can feel the spit spilling over the phone onto her ear.

"Wate... I got really drunk the other night. I don't know what you are talking about. I never saw you at all." Britta said with some fear. But in the back of her mind she could slightly remember seeing Wate. She thought it was a dream.

"Oh, please. You look like a whore who knows how to handle the bottle, so don't act like you just happened to forget what happened. Oh, and I know where you're heading... so don't think you can fucking run from me, you dumb bitch."

After that, all she hears is an empty dial tone. She thinks about his erroneous accusations, knowing full well she didn't do anything. All she knows is, she never crossed paths with that psycho on that somewhat washed-out night. She saw him... in a dream. It was a fucking dream. What the hell is he talking about?

What did he mean about knowing where I'm going? Why did he sound so pissed and why do I feel like crying if I didn't do anything.

Britta sets the phone back on its charger and attempts to be oblivious to what she just heard but it wouldn't let, it lingers, consuming every good thought she had prior to the phone call. Britta thinks about calling Sabina to see if she can fill in the blanks but she doesn't want to be a bother.

Her knee trembles, trying to think about last thought she had. What was she doing before the phone call. All she can think is Wate. She always sensed something a little off about his edges. Thankfully, XLand would be here sooner than later.