Chapter 26

Y'all got those reads up a little fast this time. I said 1.80k. When I updated the last chapter it was at 1.70k. That number jumped very slow. Keep the reads going so it can continue to update. Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting. Please continue the cycle. I will update again for this book when the reads hit 2k. Enjoy the drama. This book will be ending soon.
—————————————————

"This can't be right. Did you just say that Derrick is dead?" Amber said.

"Yes ma'am. We found him dead at home in his car. He didn't even make it inside."

"Oh my God. Do you know who did this to him?"

The officers looked at each other and got quiet.

"Did you hear what I asked?"

"Yes ma'am we did."

"And? Who did this horrible thing?" Amber asked.

"It was your father."

"What? Are you serious? My daddy may be a lot of things but a murderer is not one."

"I'm sorry to tell you but he is. All leads led us back to him. He didn't personally do it but he put the hit on him"

"I told you Amber. Those are some sick ass people. I hope he rot in hell for the shit he do to people." Raven said.

"So what now?" Raven asked the detective.

"We bring him down. But we need you to help us do it."

"What you need me to do? I'm down." Raven said.

"We need you to act like you want to give your company to him. You realized that he was right and you confess that you know he had Derrick killed. Once you get the confession we will bust in and take it from there."

"And you sure this is gonna work?" Amber asked.

"Yes we are. And that will bring the entire family down. We already got the proof that you two are innocent. So you don't have to worry about yourselves."

"Are you ladies down for this?" The cop asked.

"I am hell. What about you Amber?"

Amber got quiet for a minute. Then she looked at her sister.

"What the hell. I'm down."

Ok. All we need you to do is get the recording. We will not wire you. But both of your ladies offices are."

"Wait when did you bug that?" Raven asked.

"Yesterday why?"

"Oh thank God. Cause I done did some freaky shit in a few of those offices."

Amber burst out laughing.

"What's so funny bitch?" Raven asked.

"So did I. Let me guess with Derrick?"

Both women laughed. The officers looked at them and shook their heads.