Chapter 6

I headed out to go meet Derrick. He is so fine. He makes me nervous. I don't know why but he does. As soon as I got to the door here comes Raven.

"And where the hell you going?"

"I'm going on a date."

"Date? With who? You ain't told me nothing about no man nor no date."

"I don't have to tell you everything. I'm grown girl."

"Whatever Amber. Who you going out with?"

"That's none of your business. This is something that I'm gonna keep to me until I feel the time is right. Y'all always like to ruin people stuff before it gets going good."

"See that's where you are wrong. That's not me. That's those boogie ass parents and sibling we got."

"Don't start that again. I don't want to mess up my mood before my date."

"And where is it that I give a damn?"

"Raven I will talk to you later. I got to go."

"Damn I can't even get a name?"

"No. Now I'll talk to you later."

I walked out the door and walked to my truck. I unlocked the door and got in. Putting on my seatbelt I stuck the key in the ignition and started the truck.

I texted Derrick and let him know I was on my way so he wouldn't be worry that I stood him up.

I backed out the driveway and plugged the address in. It was taking me to this nice ass neighborhood that I haven't been before.

As I got to the restaurant the valet got out and took my car to park.  I thanked him and walked in. The host greeted me as I came in.

"Hello ma'am. Welcome to La'Mores. Do you have a reservation?"

"Actually yes ma'am I do. I'm meeting my date here."

"What's his name?"

"His Name is Derrick Ross."

She looked through her iPad.

"Oh yes ma'am here he is right here. Follow me to your table."

I followed behind her as she led me to the table. As I approached the table Derrick put a big smile on his face.

I can't lie my heart started beating really fast. I got to the table and Derrick stood and pulled my chair out for me. I sat down and smiled.

"Why you look so gorgeous tonight."

"Thank you so much. You look handsome yourself."

"Thank you sweetie. So what do you want to drink?"

"Well what do you recommend?"

"Well when I come I always get me a sweet red wine. It does wonders with your taste buds."

"Well I will have whatever you having."