Chapter 8

I got up and let me parents, my sister and my cousin in. Raven got up and left me to deal with this mess. Time I opened the door my mother started.

"So this is what you call a office?" She said as she tooted her noise up and rolled her eyes.

"Look mother don't start ok. I am not in the mood for your down rating and blunt disrespect to my company. You can leave for all I care."

"Wait a damn minute now Amber. That is not a way to talk to your mother. Now I suggest you apologize and do it now." My father said to me.

"And what if I don't?"

"Then you will have a issue on your hands. Now do it."

"Look I'm grown and I didn't asked y'all to come here looking down on me and Raven. No I'm not gonna apologize for telling the truth. Hate me all you want. I said no."

"Oh wow so now you got balls huh?" Brenda said.

"No Brenda. I'm just fed up with all of you. Now either you respect my place or you can get the hell out"

"Have you lost your mind talking to mother that way? I expected this from Raven but not you." Anika said getting loud.

"Again I said I don't care to hear that and if you can't do what I asked in my stuff then get the hell out." Amber snapped back.

"Well I be damned. She trying to be a little disobedient to me and her father now. Little girl I will slap the hell out of you. Shut your mouth and do it now. I'm still your mother and I demand respect. I don't care nothing about this dump. Now apologize and do it now."

"Mother I'm sorry but I will not be doing that. As a matter of fact you all can leave now. And if you don't do it now, I will have my security throw your asses out." Amber said putting her hands on her hips.

They all looked at each other and started walking to the door. Amber parents was pissed to the max how she talked to her.

"This is not over and we will be back." Keith said to his daughter.

Amber rolled her eyes and locked the door behind her. As she walked back to her office she heard someone clapping.

She looked up and it was Allison.

"Good for you boss lady. I'm
so glad you stood up for yourself. Cause I was most definitely about to come out there and cuss me a bitch out. Sorry I know that's your pep but that was rude as hell."

"Yeah I know and I get it. I'm so sick of them. I had to put my foot down at some point. This was beyond me."

"And I totally understand. Are you ok?"

"Yes I'm fine. I just need a moment to myself."

"I get that. I'm here if you need me ok."

"Thank you so much. I really appreciate you."

"Anytime. I am here for the long hog."

"Thanks hun. I'll be in my office."

I went in and closed the door. I sat down at my desk and put my hands on my head. I can't believe I just stood up to my parents like that. Raven would have been proud of me.

Let me call her and let her know what happened. I picked up my cell and called her. Her phone rings several times before she answered.

"What girl damn? I told you I was going on a lunch date."

"Wait a minute now. Don't talk to me like that. And on a lunch date with who?"

"Like you told me last night. For me to know and you not to know. Now what is it?"

"Well excuse the hell out of me. But I just told mama and daddy off something proper."

"Oh did you now? And what did you say? Oh yessah massah I'll do whatever you say?"

"Hell no. I curse they asses out and put them out."

"What? That's what I'm talking about. It's about time you stand up for yourself. Did that get mad at you?"

"And you know they did. Mama tried to make me apologize to her and I told her hell no. So daddy gonna say I got to apologize or it was gonna be some mess. I told him, Anika, and Brenda off."

"Damn Sis. That's what I'm talking about. I'm glad you decided to do what it do and grow some balls. Look I'll be back in a little. Right now you interrupting my date so..."

"Fine I get it. Bye."

"See you later girl."

I hung up with Amber and apologize to Derrick.

"I'm sorry about that. My boogie mom and dad popped up to the office and Amber was telling me she finally stood up for herself."

"Wow your parents are that bad?"

"Bad ain't the word for them assholes. We wasn't blessed like you with loving parents."

"Wow. I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's all good. I'm use to it now."

"Well that's nothing to get use to. I mean your parents are suppose to be there for you. Not bring you down and look down their noses at you."

"I know that. You know that. But obviously they didn't get that same damn memo."

"Well enough about them. Are you enjoying your lunch with me?"

"Why yes I am. When I first saw you I was like damn he fine as hell. I wonder do he have a woman?"

"Did you know?"

"Yes I did. I mean do you?"

"Well I wouldn't say that. I have been on a few dates but nothing serious yet."

"So what you trying to say? You want to get something serious with me?"

Derrick laughed at the way Raven approached him with the question.

"Are you asking me to date you?"

"I mean a sister just want to know. I know I'm fine and all and I just want to have me something with someone that is just as fine. So to answer your question, yeah."

"Well I'm that case I would love to get to know you better."

Derrick grabs her hand and kissed it. He looked into her eyes and smiled.

He playing the game hard ain't he??????

Will they find out about the other?????

Amber put her parents in check finally!!!!

Was she wrong for how she talked to them???

Comment and vote!!!!!

Please don't just read. Comment and vote. That puts my book in rotation.