15. Love worth fighting for

Começar do início

Avocado toast, coffee, omelette, pancakes but his eyes are still on me looking for the answer he questioned. Yes, I remember everything from last night but I am just going to pretend that I don't.
"Did we talk about something important?" His face falls but he recovers quickly and just shakes his head and start eating. He serves me everything and makes me forcefully eat to help me cure my headache but he isn't the happy Jacob from a few minutes back anymore... he seems a little off.

We both eat in silence and I feel really guilty for saying no but it's not so easy to follow him on his road. I want to follow him but I am confused as to should I really? That anniversary event has certainly shown me how our worlds are really apart and different from one another. I know my parents wouldn't like it... they always wanted me to live a simple life and Jacob's world is anything but simple.

We finish our breakfast and I decide to go spend some time at the orphanage since I have a summer vacation in school now. I insist Jacob to leave and I'll take the bus but he still drops me there.
"How's work? You have been really busy this whole week... all good?" I ask him.
"It's hectic... I know I haven't been able to talk to you a lot."
"It's fine... it's always work first." He doesn't say anything further. There's nothing that has happened between us but the air still feels a little tight and cold in the car.

We reach at the orphanage and I undo my seatbelt when he calls out for me, "Mia.... I..." he stops after I and just stares at me with this unknown emotion... will he ask me again?
"Nothing, just have a great day. I'll call you." He smiles at me but I can see that the smile doesn't reach his eyes.

I get down from the car and wave at him. I walk into the orphanage and think how both of us are confused about taking this anywhere ahead than this. I am in love with him but I don't know if I am the right person to stay by his side in his life. Where I come from... I get too happy in too little things and where he comes from he gets happy where money is in the picture. He sure has changed alot... and he has been nothing but caring... the truth still stays that it all started because of a will and a contract and somehow money will always stay in the picture.

Jacob's pov:
I drive back to my office after dropping her and I have a feeling that she remembers everything from last night but is only confused about it and she has the right to be.... I know the event really shook her up and considering how this relationship started, she'll obviously think about it instead of just saying yes immediately. And somewhere I know love doesn't conquer all... my parent's relationship was one huge example of it. Maybe it was a bad idea yet I don't regret asking her that question at all.

In my mind I saw us getting married... having kids... growing old together but it's not a movie and it's not so simple. I decide to let all these thoughts go for now and just start working on my projects again.

Mia's pov:
I am sitting with the owner of this orphanage, Mrs parker inside her office. She's telling me about Kyle's generous donation and how much it has helped this orphanage. I just nod and smile at her.
"Mia, are you ok?" Mrs Parker is older and experienced and might be able to help me out in this situation.
"I am actually worried for a friend."
"Why? What happened to your friend?" She asks me with concern.
"So....she is dating this guy who is very different than her. The girl belongs from a very simple family whereas the guy is probably the richest in this city. They are completely opposite yet they have fallen for each other." I stop and stare at Mrs. Parker who's listening to me intently.
I continue, "She's confused and scared as to should she go ahead in this relationship with their worlds being so apart."

She clears her throat, "You know Mia, you should talk to me about your problems directly. We share a really close bond darling." I get embarrassed and she just chuckes.