"You submit to a blood test, that's the price of admission." The man said as he stepped out of the shadows giving us a proper look at him.

"We can do that." Dad agreed as a small smile began to appear on his face.

"Grab what you need, once these doors close, they won't open again."

Everyone was scrambling to get their stuff, running over to the truck I saw that my stuff was already gone.

"Lyla I got it! Let's go!" Daryl yelled from behind me, without thinking I spun around and followed him in just before the doors closed behind me.

——————

"I'm afraid that you'll have to make do with these rooms, there's a games room down there just don't plug anything in, and go easy on the hot water." Jenner said as he showed us a corridor with small office like rooms on either side. Wait.

"Hot water?" Glenn spoke reading my mind.

"That's what the man said." T-Dog laughed before they both raced down the hallway to the bathrooms.

Walking to the end of the hall I chose my room, it had a desk, chair and a sofa. Hey, I'd rather a sofa than the ground. Just as I was getting my clean clothes ready for after my shower, god I love that word, my door opened and slammed making me squeal in surprise.

"Holy mother of fuck shit." Spinning round I saw Daryl stood there with a slight smirk on his face.

"Girl like you shouldn't swear ya know." He grumbled as he flopped down on the chair.

"You know I'm not a child right? And what are you even doing here?" I asked as I sat in the sofa twisting so I was facing him.

"Merle took some of his shit and passed out on the sofa, ain't listenin' to his snorin' all night." He grumbled as he rubbed his hands over his face. "Mind if I stay 'ere? Figured you wouldn't mind as much as the rest of 'em."

"Uh, yeah sure. I'm gunna go have a shower while there's hot water, you coming?" I asked almost immediately realising what it sounded like I was asking. "I mean uhm, ya know, your own shower, just, yeah." I finished awkwardly avoiding eye contact as I grabbed my clothes and hurried out of the room.

After finishing my shower and getting dressed I took my dirty clothes back to my room, well mind and Daryl's. Maybe it wasn't just because of Merle that Daryl chose my room, that can't be right though, compared to him I'm nothing but a child. A hand waving infront of my face caught my attention.

"Hey Lyla, dinners done, you coming?" Glenn's voice asked as I snapped out of my trance to grin at him.

"Yeah of course! Lemme just throw these in my bag quick." I said as I went into the room with Glenn following.

"Isn't this Daryl's crossbow?" He asked as he took note of the weapon leaning against the side of the chair.

"Huh? Oh yeah, apparently he's staying in here because Merles high and nobody else likes him." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"I think you should be careful Lyla, I've seen the way Daryl looks at you, both of the Dixon's actually." He said as I finished up what I was doing.

"What do you mean Glenn?" I asked in confusion looking towards where he was sat twiddling his fingers.

"What I mean is that he likes you Lyla, but he's almost twice you're age. It's not right." He said as he looked up making eye contact with me.

"Okay, first off you're insane, Daryl doesn't 'like' me." I said making quotation marks with my finger. "And secondly I'm not a child, he may be older than I am but it doesn't make a difference, not anymore." I shrugged as we started to walk towards the main room.