Chapter 3: She is My Princess

"Oh my, aren't you just so beautiful

"Oh my, aren't you just so beautiful." The Queen was softly brushing my hair. During my bath, I was finally able to explain that I was not lost and that my mother works here at the castle.

"Thank you Amber, but not at beautiful as you." I shyly thanked. Earlier the Queen asked me to just call her Amber, but it still feels weird. She said that if she can call me Rosy, I can call her Amber.

"That's very sweet of you Rosy." Just as she said those words, there was a knocking on the door. "Come in!"

"Here is the dress you ordered, my Queen." Madam Bloom came in caring a beautiful white dress with yellow flowers. She still did not seem very pleased with my presence.

"It's wonderful. You will look so pretty in this Rosy!" The Queen jumped up and brought the dress over to me. I had never worn anything this nice. My best dress is the one I was wearing earlier today. It's pink and has a big pink bow in the front. However, looking at the floor where it is laying now, I realize that it's sporting new dirt stains.

Mama is going to be so upset with me. She had worked extra for weeks to save up for that dress last year. She went days without eating, just to save her money for the dress. She did not think I noticed, but I did. She was always making sacrifices for me, and how do I repay her? By tumbling in a rose bush, that she told me not to ruin, and getting dirt all over the dress.

"Oh honey what's wrong? If you do not like it, that is alright. We can find something else for you to wear." The Queens sweet voice broke me away from my thoughts and I realized I had been crying.

"Oh no it's wonderful your majesty. I just realized that I ruined the dress my mama got me. She's gonna be so upset. And then, when she finds out how I ruined she's gonna be mad at me. I hate it when she's mad at me. Oh no! Your gonna be mad at me too." I had just realized that this nice women, who just did so much for me for no reason, is the Queen that owns the garden I just ruined.

"I am sure what ever happened will not make your mother or I, upset. I am also sure that we will be able to give your dress to a maid and they will have it all cleaned before you leave. Also, I do believe I asked you to call me Amber." Her soft smile and kind words, helped me to calm down. "Now I do believe we have some food waiting for us in my sitting room. Let us hurry and put on this new dress, so we can feel up that little tummy of yours."

As we sat down to eat, I was amazed at the amount of food. The most I had ever eaten in one sitting is a bowl of chicken soup. It's the special treat my mother and I eat for Christmas. I was looking in awe at the food when I heard someone clear there throat.

"Do you not appreciate what the Queen has done for you? You are just a gross little brat." Madam Bloom whispered to me with a fake smile on her face. Her rude words make me snap out of my thoughts and I noticed they had already began eating. The Queen was looking at me worriedly, while Madam Bloom looked at me with fake sympathy.