00. ACT ONE

ACT I 
a letter to my regrets.

  My dearest regrets, I do not wish to give you more time than you deserve

My dearest regrets,
I do not wish to give you more time than you deserve. You are but ashes dispelled from flames. You are not the important part of the fire, but merely a consequence. I see you in the wickedness I know is buried beneath me. I see you in the darkest clouds that live without a silver lining. I see you in the stolen looks I catch from eyes undeserving of my vision. His eyes.

I do not wish to give you more time than you deserve. I wish to leave you behind as I shall do for my happiness. There is a girl within me whose sole desire is to marry a husband. I know better than that. There are birds within my cages built of bones I have broken to get here, and I shan't let them go without reason. Songbirds. Glory. They are the remnants of good, to banish all darkness. And they live within me. In the empty cavity awaiting a heart to fill its void. I wish to fill it with him, but his eyes haunt me.

Emeralds. Jades. Green of envy. Green of lust. Whichever shade of green you are to be, I wished to be consumed by it. Those eyes were all that mattered, Sebastian. And now, my dearest regret, you take the form of another. A name I cannot dare to speak for fear of choking on my own tongue. Your name became poison. Unheard of. Unspoken.

I do not wish to give you more time than you deserve, but now it is her face whose shape you take. I wish to hold you and never forget the heavenly scent of innocence. I do not wish to forget you, but learn. You take the shape of beauty, yet still, breathe with the blood of failure through your veins. I had failed you, Aurelia. Mere vows and declarations mean nothing when the breaths that had proclaimed them, were simply false.

My dearest regrets, I do not wish to give you more time than you deserve. I simply beg of you to set me free.

— yours regrettably.