The battle against evil

Ed's POV

The phone rang, I ran towards it. Lorraine was right behind me. "Hello?" I said through the horn. "It's Roger! There's something going on with Carolyn. Andrea was here and she said that Carolyn took of with Christine and April. The girls said she smelled like rotten meat!" I knew what that meant, so did Lorraine. "She possesses the mother to kill the child. That's what she does, she's taking them back to the house." She explained. "Roger get back to the house now! I'll meet you there!" And I hang up.

I knew we needed to help them, but I couldn't take Lorraine. It was to risky... we couldn't wait for Father Gordon to call, that would be too late, we needed to act now. I knew Lorraine would be of great help, but I also knew she would be vulnerable. To make matters worse, that entity had just threatened our daughter. It was too big of a risk!

She seemed to know what I was thinking and said, "I'm going with you." "No way! You stay with Judy!" I knew it came out more bluntly than I wanted, but it didn't seem to get to Lorraine. "The only way to protect Judy is if we
stop this where it's started," she pointed towards Judy's room, "Otherwise, she's going to latch on to us again." "That's exactly why I'm going." She looked at me, hurt that I didn't want her with me, "And you think I'm going to
let you walk into this alone?"

I needed to tell her, I wanted her there but I was scared for her "I can't lose you." Her face softened, "You won't," she seemed very sure of that, "Let's finish this together!"

Lorraine's POV

We arrived at the Perrons' house under police escort, Brad made sure we would get there as quickly as possible. Ed and I tried to get in, but the door was locked. Ed yelled "Roger!" And pounded on the door. Brad took out his gun and yelled "Get out of the way!" And shot the lock. As soon as the door opened we heard screaming, a sort of scream that no human would make.

We looked around the hallway, Ed was shouting "Roger! Carolyn!" The sound was coming from the cellar, and when we arrived at the door Roger tried to get our attention "Ed! Ed! We're down here!" He yelled. We quickly ran down, Drew and Roger were trying to free Christine from Carolyn's grip, while in the other had she was holding a pair of scissors. "Carolyn don't!" Roger screamed. It took the strength of four man to free the girl, who was clearly freaked out, and to get the scissors out of her hand.

"We gotta get her to the car" Ed said, to which Brad asked, "And bring her where?" "To take her to the priest, for the exorcism," Ed answered. Carolyn, or should I say the spirit that possessed her, fought with all her strength, Brad had to take her legs to go upstairs. While the men were carrying Carolyn,  Roger remembered we hadn't seen April and asked, "Wait! Where's April?" I didn't see her, nor did anybody else. Ed told Drew to put Christine in the car and find the youngest.

I got to the front door first, the men and Carolyn were right behind me. But when they tried to get her outside Carolyn started screaming, bruises and burns appeared on her face and arms. "She won't let her leave the house." I realised. Roger was confused, "What? What do you mean?" "If we take her out the witch will kill her!" And just like that Carolyn was pulled back by an invisible force. I have to admit it scared me. The last piece of Carolyn's soul, held on to the door post and she yelled, "Roger!" She was dragged into the cellar. I froze but quickly recovered and followed the men into the cellar.

Carolyn no longer was Carolyn... she was held by Roger and Ed but not for long. She pushed Roger to the side and tried to strangle Ed. Roger tried to pull her off but she just threw him through the air. "Brad!" Ed shouted, and Brad came to his help! Carolyn turned towards him and bit him in the cheek. He was bleeding severely. Meanwhile I already pulled a sheet off one of the chairs and acted swiftly. I threw it over Carolyn's head and upper body and twisted it. Roger jumped on her, so I quickly pulled a chair closer. Roger and Ed put her in the chair and Ed asked for something to tie her up.