Chapter 1: The Trip

Start from the beginning

"Did you hear that? Adrien and me going to the airport together. How romantic," She trailed off as Ayla sighed.

"Don't forget that it's not only you two. You have to consider Luka in this as well, girl," Alya objected as Marinette sighed.

"You're right. How am I suppose to get close with him if Luka is going to be there as well? It'll be awkward if I pay too much attention to only one of them."

"You'll just have to make the time to hang out with both of them. Don't make either if them feel left out. How are you with Luka, anyways?" Ayla asked as Marinette thought about it for a moment.

She couldn't tell exactly what her feelings for Luka were at the moment. When he got akumatized, Luka confessed his feelings of love to her. She shrugged it off, thinking it was the darkness of the Akuma at the time, but then he confessed to her again after he was saved, word for word. So, it was true, no matter how it was looked at. However, she cared for Adrien as well.

She and Adrien met a year ago on the first day of school. At first, she thought he was a bully like Chloe, this evil rich girl in her class. However, he showed her his kind heart, and from that day, she fell for him. There was one problem though. He was the son of famous fashion designer, Gabriel Agreste, and he took no pity to anyone, not even to his own son.

Again, there was also another issue. Marinette was also the masked superhero, Ladybug, defender of Paris. Along side her partner, Chat Noir, they would defend the city from Akuma attacks produced by their nemesis, Hawk Moth. Sometimes, she would have to ask for aid from her friends and transform them into heroes using different Miraculous.
Miraculous are ancient relics connected to kwami, ancient spirits connected to the relics, that have been passed down for many different generations, giving the user remarkable powers. The two strongest ones, the Ladybug earrings and Black Cat ring, can even grant a user unimaginable power if brought together. The Guardian, the one Ladybug and Chat Noir trust the most, has guarded the Miraculous for many years and actually gave these two relics to them to use against Hawk Moth.

"It's...I don't know, Alya. It's all so weird and complicated. I can't even answer that question without making it sound bad on either of our ends," She replied as Ayla stayed silent. "Ever since he confessed to me, it hasn't left my mind yet. To know that someone loves me while I love someone else is difficult to understand."

"I get it, girl. Still, someday you may need to come into terms with it. You can't just have two boys in your love life forever, you know," Alya finally replied as Marinette nodded. "Perhaps, it would even be on this trip."

————————————————-

Hours later, and Marinette couldn't sleep. Right after school, she had gone back home and packed straight away. Tikki, her kwami, went to consult the guardian of the matter. Since she was Ladybug, she couldn't just leave Paris to defend itself in case an Akuma decided to attack. So, the Guardian gave her the Horse Miraculous, which has the ability to teleport or create teleportation portals to get to anywhere on the planet in an instant.

The thought of hanging out with both Adrien and Luka both made her happy, yet terrified at the outcome. A boy she loved and a boy she didn't know how to feel about.

"Can't sleep?"

She turned her head on her pillow and was met with the flying kwami, Tikki.

"No."

"Thinking about Adrien, again?"

"No...Well, not exactly."

"Then what?" Tikki asked as she sat down on the pillow. Marinette rolled onto her back and stared at the ceiling before she began to speak.

"I'm going on a long trip to Japan with two boys. Two boys, Tikki. One I love and one I don't know how to feel about. It's all so confusing and I have no idea how to handle it," She groaned as she covered her face. Tikki giggled at the sight.

"Luka and Adrien? You'll know how to handle it. Plus, I'll be there to help you!"

"You're right, Tikki," She said with a small smile as Tikki smiled. "I better get some sleep since I'm waking up early."

"Okay, Marinette. Goodnight," Tikki said as she floated up and entered into a small, tiny bed Marinette had made for her. Marinette sighed quietly as she turned over again, closing her eyes and trying to make herself fall asleep. Maybe she could enjoy this trip. It was going to be like a vacation, a vacation for Ladybug. She hoped that nothing too bad would happen here at home, so she wouldn't have to teleport back to save Chat's butt.

Chat Noir.

She hoped he could handle everything here.

Chat Noir.

A superhero in love with Ladybug.