1

It seemed to be at least an hour before I came to my senses again... All I remembered was a warm feeling around me. I smiled to myself, thinking it was all a dream and that I'll tell my mom and sister once I woke up. Once my eyes opened, I knew it was a lie. The whole dream and telling them... Yea it wasn't one. I scanned over the small area I was in. It looked almost like a tiny cabin that could only fit a couple of people.

A shed perhaps?

That's when I heard something bubbling. I jumped and looked over towards the sound. Seeing a back facing me. They had long black messy hair, and I saw them wear something that mixed with a red color and a yellow, green, and orange color to it. Along with a pattern. I didn't move a muscle afraid that I was found and bound to get into series trouble. The person then started to move, "I see you're awake...." They muttered having a thick like voice which shook me to the core. I shifted back, seeing a small blanket wrapped around me. "I found you in the snow a couple hours ago.... since then I was here..." they continued. I still didn't move nor answer. My anxiety coming to the surface as I started to shake in fear.

That's when the person turned their head, revealing a blurry face. "You don't need to be afraid." They said in a monotone. I gulped, but never sitting up. They then turned their back towards me again. I then smelt a nice smell, my stomach started to roar at it. I flushed and held it. The person then reached across the room and grabbed a bowl, he then let a spoon fill  with the mysterious soup they made. Then they turned to face me, left hand holding a bowl of soup with steam filling the top. I knew that met that this person was friendly, yes and it was because they were giving me food.

I slowly came out the blanket and was invited to a small chill. I shivered, but still went to grab the soup. I nodded my head and went back to my spot. I then noticed how there wasn't a spoon. I went to ask, but the person beat me to it. "You have to drink it." They stated. I gulped and then stared at the freshly hot soup. Knowing well I'll burn my mouth. So I set it aside. The person made a bowl for himself and turned to face me again, he started gently sipping the soup. Calming my nerves a bit. But still... I was freaked out of belief.

The person gazed at me and noticed my soup wasn't touched. They grunted, "You have to eat, or you won't warm up." I looked aside, "Sorry... It's just..." I started and sighed, "I don't know..." The person didn't speak but continued to drink. It was an odd moment between us. We exchanged glances for a bit, but we both didn't talk for a whole minute. All you could hear was the crackling of the fire and the bubbling of the soup. It was so awkward... That's when the person sat his bowl aside and crisscrossed. His hands on his knees, "May I ask why you're wondering the mountains alone?"

The mountains?! I'm that far?! The person could see I was shocked by that question, that they asked something else. "You have family?"

"Yes... But I don't really know where they're at thou- Wait...." As if someone slapped me on the face, I then realized something. My glasses were right next to the person across from me. "Th-Those are mine... Can I have them?" I asked quietly. The person straightened their back, "Answer me this, why are you alone on this mountain?"

"I don't know... I was asleep for a bit... Woke up to be surrounded in snow, falling asleep again, and now I'm here." I explained the best I could. The person sighed and then grabbed my glasses, he then handed them to me. I without hesitation grabbed them, unfolding it to place it upon my nose. I pushed them up to reveal that the person across from me was no other than Giyu Tomioka.