Chapter Sixteen: Take Over, The Break's Over

Start from the beginning

"At least I would have enjoyed it." I muttered.

"He's a demon who's great at possessing people." Ashton said. "He would have made it so he would have enjoyed it."

"It's not like you wouldn't have done the same thing." I said as he pulled off.

"When I take your virginity you will enjoy it." Ashton said. "We're soul mates, if I ease your clothes off of you and caress you, you'll be aroused by me and naturally we'll want to complete the process."

"You're not taking my virginity." I said firmly.

"I won't just for the fun of it." Ashton said. "I want you to love me again."

"You know I still do." I managed to admit. "You're the one that needs to love me again. Apparently I'm still too immature for you."

"I apologize, for everything I've done." Ashton said looking over at me. I just shrugged and looked out the window.

"If you were so apologetic you wouldn't have let that happen." I said. "You meant everything you said, I understand."

"No, I didn't." Ashton said. "That wasn't me."

"It was a part of you. Everyone's warned me about pissing you off, and I've always been one to test the waters. I got what I deserved, you meant every word and you dumped me breaking my heart in the process. And I have no other choice but to accept you because you're the only one who can mend my heart back. Now I see why Thalia committed suicide."

"Don't say that." Ashton said quickly. "You and her are nothing alike."

"Really? Cause her story isn't too different from mine in my eyes. You brutally broke her heart and she didn't know how to manage so she killed herself, I was lucky, I had Kai." I said.

"I know you won't forgive me right away, I can understand that." Ashton said. "But can we spend time together, and make it work again?"

"I don't know." I said honestly. "I don't want to be attracted to you anymore. I wish we weren't soul mates, then it wouldn't hurt so much." Ashton was just silent after that, I knew it hurt him, but I didn't care, why should I? Ashton never told me where we were heading but I had already knew. "Kai's gonna worry about where I am."

"I stopped by before I picked you up. He said you needed this." Ashton said. I scoffed.

"Kai wouldn't say that." I said. Ashton shrugged.

"Why do you think he hasn't come after you?" Ashton asked. "Because he thinks you're at school? Right, he knows you'll be gone for a while, which is why your things are in the back seat." I turned around to see that Ashton was telling the truth. "His only rule was to protect you, and I swear I will."

"You suck at protecting me." I spat.

"Are you gonna keep bashing me?" Ashton asked.

"Until you realize what you lost." I said.

"I have already." Ashton said looking at me briefly. "I meant everything when I said you were the most important person to me. You before everyone else."

"Don't lie to me, Ashton." I said bitterly. He just clenched his jaw and tightened his grip on the steering wheel. "I'm not just gonna forgive you over night. You. Broke. My. Heart. I loved you, I really did. And yes, sometimes I didn't trust you but I didn't know how to trust anyone. You were my first love. You still are, you'll always be. I don't care about all the other girls in your past, I don't care about any of that. I know you didn't love them, but you loved me and you hurt me. You promised me that you would never leave me countless times and what did you end up doing? Leaving me. You and your father have that one thing in common, you just don't get along with women without breaking their hearts. You don't have to say anything, I wouldn't if I were you. I would enjoy this silence because as soon as we get into your house I'm taking all my stuff from your room and moving it into a guest room. We'll start from there."